Trip Computer Instantaneous MPG Display

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip Computer Instantaneous MPG Display

My '97 Expedition EB would show Instantaneous Fuel Mileage on the trip computer. This was great for determining the most economical speed under different conditions, specifically, towing various trailers. The trip computer on my '01 Expedition EB is dumbed down to eliminate that readout. I guess too many people didn't understand what they were looking at and freaked out at the numbers. Can this function be enabled?

Last edited by plaibach; 10-26-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Perhaps, but not by accessing the areas we do in traditional performance tuning.

This is also a pet peeve of mine in the 2004 & up F-150's with the full trip computer - you cannot see your instant MPG without hitting the "reset" button, which also clears out the accumulative MPG!!! And to make matters worse, even when you do hit reset, you can see the instant MPG for a few seconds at a time, and then it automatically reverts back to the accumulative MPG - which you just reset by looking at the instant MPG!!!

And even being able to see the instant MPG is a "feature" that is not documented *anywhere* in the owner's manual that I have seen.

Old 10-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
And even being able to see the instant MPG is a "feature" that is not documented *anywhere* in the owner's manual that I have seen.
yeah i havent seen this feature on mine, all i see is trip,total miles, and temp. i wouldnt mind seeing mpg

Quick Reply: Trip Computer Instantaneous MPG Display