Datalogin (What exactly is needed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Datalogin (What exactly is needed)

starting with the xcal2 what else exactly is needed in order to datalog.
Laptop, cables, software, ect. provided I already have a laptop, about how much extra will this cost me? What would I need to purchase to do this that's not include with the xcal2? I will be ordering the xcal soon but want to see the whole picture.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:47 AM
i was under the impression that it saved the data in the xcal and i then uploaded it to my pc and emailed..

Old 11-02-2005, 10:48 AM
A laptop and the Xcal2 will be all you need to datalog everything except the A/F ratios. It comes with the cable you need and the software is a free download from sctflash.com. For the A/F ratios you'll either need to make a trip to the dyno or get a wideband A/F ratio recorded. They will send you all the datalog documents when you order the Xcal2.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:14 AM
How long is the data logging process? Is it something you do in a couple passes on a dyno or is it certain amount of miles. Do you do it under normal driving conditions or is it everything from idle to WOT? Do you do the data logging with your tunes installed if so do you have to data log for each tune?

Old 11-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Good question!

Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Do I really need the A/F ratio as part of the dataloging or can troyer work around it?

Old 11-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike posted recently that he has a way to get around the a/f ratios, and can tune from the datalogging done with the XC2 alone.
You still need a laptop.
I have the LM-1 a/f wide band logger, and I am looking for a cable to connect it to the XC2......anybody??
I am finding the whole process of getting prepared to data log a PITA, but I installed the wideband permanently and that was more work.
It should be fun, and very worthwhile when it all comes together.

Trending Topics

Old 11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Mike has always said that the late model 5.4 3V really needs to have their A/F ratios figured to ensure you are not running a dangerous lean condition and get the full use out of your tune but I got a hint in his "we are off to SEMA" post that there might be a way around it.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=216325

Old 11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by ONELOWF
Mike posted recently that he has a way to get around the a/f ratios, and can tune from the datalogging done with the XC2 alone.
You still need a laptop.
I have the LM-1 a/f wide band logger, and I am looking for a cable to connect it to the XC2......anybody??
I am finding the whole process of getting prepared to data log a PITA, but I installed the wideband permanently and that was more work.
In the newest version of the datalogging docs it refers to just reading voltage of the upstream O2 sensors. This will give them a ROUGH idea of what's going on. The way I understand it this is only for situations where getting to a dyno or using the wideband A/F meter is not practical.

Where did you get the LM-1 from? In the LM-1 RPM kit you should get everything you need to record the A/Fs and RPMs.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by BLYOTH
How long is the data logging process? Is it something you do in a couple passes on a dyno or is it certain amount of miles. Do you do it under normal driving conditions or is it everything from idle to WOT? Do you do the data logging with your tunes installed if so do you have to data log for each tune?
How long it takes to datalog is gonna depend on which method of datalogging you choose. If you go to a dyno facility it's prolly gonna take a bit longer than if you have a wideband A/F monitor and do it on the street or track.

It will require at least 5 pulls on a dyno to get the info they need.

You datalog no load in neutral as well as at WOT.

You datalog with each different tune so they can see what's happening with every tune.

HTH

Old 11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
The real problem here is explaning to my wife why I need to take our $40,000 family truck to the dyno! Or spend another $400 ontop of the $500 (for the programer) she dident want me spending in the first place. Anyone else have this problem???????

Last edited by 2quick; 11-02-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by 2quick
The real problem here is explaning to my wife why I need to take our $40,000 family truck to the dyno! Or spend another $400 ontop of the $500 (for the programer) she dident want me spending in the first place. Anyone else have this problem???????
Just tell her that your priorities are all screwed up...unfortunately, it never works for me. I told my wife that I was going to sell some stock and buy the new Shelby Mustang when it comes out next year...she said she would divorce me and take it!

Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
...and take it!
That would be the deal breaker for me!

Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2quick
Are you referring to $400 for Dyno Time? I have an appointment for a full hour, cost $125. They say I can get 12 pulls easy in that time.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by ONELOWF
You still need a laptop.
Here is how to connect the wideband
http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1751

Quick Reply: Datalogin (What exactly is needed)