Sleeper mode ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sleeper mode ???

Anyone know anything about a "sleeper mode" ?
Unfortunately, I'm not techie enough to describe this properly, but in my 2005 KR, I've had installed a 3rd party alarm system and a Mac Mini. Both have suddenly started acting up. I contacted my installer and he indicates that he's had several recent issues with ONLY F150's regarding alarms that were installed months ago and worked fine till recently. He believes that the vehicles were in for some form of service (which mine was) and there was a computer upgrade that affected, among other things, the timing for the dome lights. My particular alarm problem is that if I auto start the truck, while the alarm is set, the alarm will go off. He explains that the alarm uses the dome light circuit to determine if a door is opened and some computer change/upgrade by Ford has caused my problem. He's guessing that this could also be an issue with my mini (problem there is the power state after turning off the ignition). He states that he can fix the problem with a relay, but he's been unable to get and real information on the actualy changes Ford has deployed. Has anyone heard about this?

(BTW, I wasn't sure whether to post here or under electronics, but since he says it's a computer problem, I posted here)

Quick Reply: Sleeper mode ???