Cpu Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cpu Question

When I plugged in the xcal2 into my cpu when I was going to try datalogging, the first time i did it, my laptop prompted me that new hardware had been located and I didnt know what to do, so I said no to all. Anyways, now that I know what to do, my laptop doesn't prompt me anymore that new hardware is located!!!! I removed the livelink and all other programs, yet still nothing. Is there anyway to make the laptap ask me the question again, or to install the xc2 another way>????

Old 12-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by tigga83
When I plugged in the xcal2 into my cpu when I was going to try datalogging, the first time i did it, my laptop prompted me that new hardware had been located and I didnt know what to do, so I said no to all. Anyways, now that I know what to do, my laptop doesn't prompt me anymore that new hardware is located!!!! I removed the livelink and all other programs, yet still nothing. Is there anyway to make the laptap ask me the question again, or to install the xc2 another way>????
go to your "control panel" then "system" then "hardware" then to "device manager" find it there and remove it.. then reboot.

Old 12-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by rawzon
go to your "control panel" then "system" then "hardware" then to "device manager" find it there and remove it.. then reboot.

or instead of rebooting, select 'scan for changes' from the action menu.

-Brian

Old 12-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Be sure that after you get to "Device Manager" to click on the computer icon. Not selecting it will not show you the "Scan for hardware changes" option.

Quick Reply: Cpu Question