Had my reflash done yesterday?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my reflash done yesterday?

What is the code called that I need to ask the dealer to provide after the reflash so I can one day get a troyer tune installed?

Old 02-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Why did they re flash your truck?

Old 02-15-2006, 01:31 PM
I had a rough 1-2 upshift at very light throttle input. plus no kickdown on highway.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Troyer Performance offers send you the XC2 *unloaded* read the cal code and send the XC2 back and then they can load the tunes onto the device and send it back.

Bama Chips only needs your VIN and 99% of the time the cal code is obtainable. Just let them know if you are purchasing the XC2 from Bama Chips you will need the cal code looked up via VIN.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:43 PM
yea but if the dealer will give me the code or what ever it's called I won't need to do that. I just need to know what to ask for!

Old 02-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by 2quick
yea but if the dealer will give me the code or what ever it's called I won't need to do that. I just need to know what to ask for!
It is usually referenced as a "tear tag" or "calibration code".

You will most likely need to go to the dealer and have them read the vehicle in IDS to get the calibration code. As they do not have each code for each vehicle available for reference unless it was noted in the RO.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what is ids?

Old 02-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
what is ids?
Formally known as WDS, it is ford technician tool to program and diagnose vehicles.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 2quick,

All your dealer needs to do is to give you the reflash information IF they reflashed your PCM. For example, they can provide that to you in the format of either a Ford Part number, or in a 7-digit hex code filename.

That info will NOT be stored in the OASIS system, the Oasis system will only show whether it's been reflashed or not.

Contrary to what asinatra would like people to believe via his posts, neither he nor anyone he knows has access to anything we do not have - and because we know it's limitations far better than he does, I can tell you that trying to locate a correct flash version via VIN# is not nearly reliable enough to use that info for something as important as flashing the PCM, especially when certain sub-processor ID info is changed.

The bottom line is, if you have any trouble at all locating your vehicle's computer code, please give us a quick call & we can help you with that, and do it correctly.

Good luck!

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 02-16-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Just got my truck back from Ford for this reason. Turned out they actually *didnt* install the new programming the first time, and never put on a sticker. I had the service advisor note the part number on my invoice this time. I ordered my xCal Feb 3rd. but couldn't get this info till now, which sucked because I couldn't get my paperwork in till today... Anyways.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:41 AM
I am going back for ther 4th time for the same problem, when I am at 40mph and try to give it light throttle to accelerate it hesitates, almost like you have shifted a manual into a gear to early and it "boggs" down before catching up in RPM's. I acually have kick down though it is just to often because the truck thinks it is going to stall.....I have a frined with the same problem in his 2006 LT...do you guys have this issue also?

Quick Reply: Had my reflash done yesterday?