Mike, I have a Question on a Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike, I have a Question on a Tune

I ordered a 93 Proformance, 93 Tow, 87 Proformance..

The 93 Proformance is the question, I see post here for 93 Max, 93 Proformance, 93 ProformanceMax...is this just differant names for the same tune or did I miss something..

I want a 93 Proformance tune thats max level and Firm shift level without going into a Drag tune..
I just wanted to make sure what I ordered is what I wanted....

Tim

Old 02-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Tim,

It's really all the same in a non-supercharged engine - "performance," "max performance," etc all get you the same thing. The only tune above that would be a true "DRAG RACE ONLY" type of tune, and most people do not want that - so don't worry, you aren't going to miss out on anything by stating you want a "performance" tune, you'll get the same thing that people here refer to as a "max performance tune" in a non-supercharged vehicle.

See, this really all started years ago in the supercharged Lightnings & Harleys - where we used to call our drag race tunes a "max performance" tune - later on we called it a drag race tune to differentiate it a bit better. So the older Lightning term "max performance" tune was actually a drag race tune, that they could use on the street, but could NOT do a true Top Speed run with.

The bottom lie is that in a non-supercharged vehicle, it's all semantics, there is no difference between a so-called "max performance" and a "performance" tune, it's just people referring to them in different terms, that's all.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Mike for clearing that up for me.....Can't wait to get my hands on it and install your expert tunes

Quick Reply: Mike, I have a Question on a Tune