Edge Custom Programs. What are U running

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Custom Programs. What are U running

For all you Edge guys who are running a custom program. What are you running, octane gas used and what differences have you noticed...

Currently I am running the tow package with a custom tire size of 2546 and a changed the top speed to 120mph.... Have not messed with much else yet....

Also Anyone do the rolling tire measurment for the 20" wheels? Seems with
the math equasion its still a mph or 2 off....

Old 03-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by WaWaTuSi
For all you Edge guys who are running a custom program. What are you running, octane gas used and what differences have you noticed...

Currently I am running the tow package with a custom tire size of 2546 and a changed the top speed to 120mph.... Have not messed with much else yet....

Also Anyone do the rolling tire measurment for the 20" wheels? Seems with
the math equasion its still a mph or 2 off....
I'm currently running level 3 with 93 Octane fuel and 95 Octane programmed.. I am on 11 level of code and staying there till I figure out what program works for my style of driving. I am doing MPG and drivability testing and this is my last 1K with Level 3 programs. I'm overall happy and I am seeing a consistant 10% increasee in fuel economy but so far not enough to justify 93 Octane fuel over 87 programmed to 89. But you never know when it graphs out. Next I will run the level 2 program. I have about 7,000 miles on the Edge and I like the responsiveness and driveability on the highway.

I have 18" wheels and my GPS and the odometer are spot on. On a 405 mile trip my GPS and ODO were less than .5 miles off. Closest M/V I have ever had..

Jack

Old 03-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I've been running level 2 with the following customizations:

Timing
+4 (running 91 octane at 5300 ft.)
WOT Fuel
1.7 (I just added my Volant, nice combo with my catback, INDEED!)
Speed Limiter
to 120 (although I may never run it that high, paranoid of the stock tires)
Rev Limiter
at 5100,5100, 4700
Shift Firmness
+6 on 1-2 and 2-3 (I may bump this up a bit more. I think the level 2 shift firmness is inherently softer than the level 3 to begin with)

My son's GPS got me a wheel size of 2554. Then I did the "roll the tire" method and got 2492. I'm not sure which is the correct reading yet. Need to spend more time on getting it set right.

I'm really sold on this tuner. The shifting, throttle response, and overall performance that I've gained from the Evo is very satisfying. The guages are great. The monitoring features are worth it alone.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Just got my unit 2 wks ago, running pretty much stock program on level 2, have noticed better throttle response but now it's little louder than stock. I've had my unit updated to the latest program...I think, no I know AMPG is still off...it says I'm getting 19.2 AMPG Is this the way Edge telling me money well spent (you'll get almost 20 MPG to make up for purchase price)...Anyway, I'm happy with over all :o

Old 03-01-2006, 10:03 PM
My son's GPS got me a wheel size of 2554. Then I did the "roll the tire" method and got 2492. I'm not sure which is the correct reading yet.
I would have to say the most accurate way to guarantee accuracy is to compare the odometer to the trip distance on a GPS for a few dozen miles and adjust as necessary. Then it should be bang on. (like JackDob did).

My settings are on level 2 usually using 87octane with timing bumped 1.25 degrees(@2500ft), no audible pinging. WOT fuel to 1.2 (i want to do some testing with this one though). WOT Shifting set at 5350 for the 1-2, 5350 for the 2-3, and 4700 for the 3-4. I really like the shift option that allows the tranny to hold the gears longer under part throttle, I have these set at the max for each gear which allows me to get up to speed without the feeling of bogging cause I almost always have about 900lbs in the bed full of tools and parts when at work, it will come in handy too for towing my trailers. Rev limiter is at 5600, and the speed limiter is @200 (just cause I can).

Old 03-02-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm on level 2 but I actually went down on some of the rpm limits. I noticed that I really wasnt gaining any more power and that the revs were really too high(for my taste) when shifting from 1-2 on WOT. I don't mess with the shift points or firmness.

1-2 shift at 4700
2-3 shift at 4700
3-4 shift at 4400 ( you really don't need it higher than that at those speeds and I read that you could damage the tranny)

Rev limiter 5250

I left timing alone even though I am at 6200 feet elevation. The adjsutments for timing are made as

+1 timing for every 2500 feet altitude
+1 timing for every +2 octance levels
My 33" tires are 2632mm. Also the AMPG is reset by pressing enter and following the instructions on-screen.

I try not to be too agressive with playing with the unit as everything has to work perfectly in "balance" and playing with timing and WOT fuel can lead to trouble and damage ( if you don't know what you are doing).

Quick Reply: Edge Custom Programs. What are U running