Moved: Dont load edge update

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MosineeFX4
It seems I will be in a dilema soon. Anyone who has read some of my recent posts will see that after I updated 2 updates ago, although I was having no problems, I thought that the performance was noticeably down from when I first got the unit. I had several emails back and forth with Bill and he was going to look into it after getting this latest update out. Well.........kind of ironically considering some other peoples problems.....my truck is running better than ever with this last update. I just got back from playing around a while and I have done several 0-60's, all between 7.2 and 7.4s.........which is better than I have ever gotten. I also did 2 1/4 mile runs, both directions on a "flat" stretch of road near my house. Did a 89mph 15.6s and a 90mph 15.4s1/4. Not to shabby for 4x4 Supercab? The hp calculator corrected for elevation (1200ft) puts me around 560-565hp? Wow.

Anyway, when the next update comes out, I may have a hard time convincing myself to download it. Hopefully, Bill will let us know if those of us that have not had a problem with the latest update need to do anything.

Also, after about a half a tank of fuel my AMPG seems like it might be in the ballpark (15.9)........I'll find out when I fill it up.
560 HP? Not stock I am guessing

Old 03-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Red05stx
560 HP? Not stock I am guessing
Ha ha ha, I have a typo.........560hp ?.....I wish. I must have gotten to excited....supposed to be 360-365hp. I will edit it.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Nice programmer, just to much updating and flashing for me....
What no dynologging? or whatever it is. read some other post. Every tuner has had growing pains.

Besides, I talked to Bill today and he said it's not the program. May be something in their server for the website. Something got corrupted during the transfer to the website.

And all the updating, I like it.

Bill did the mpg and the ampg because we asked for it.

And it he comes up with anything else for my EDGE, I'll update it if I want to.

Anyone who deals with anything connected to a computer knows that glitches will happen. We would get glitches in the systems of high performance military jet aircraft. Just have to work it out.

I'm glad you like your tuner. I like mine.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
What no dynologging? or whatever it is. read some other post. Every tuner has had growing pains.

Besides, I talked to Bill today and he said it's not the program. May be something in their server for the website. Something got corrupted during the transfer to the website.

And all the updating, I like it.

Bill did the mpg and the ampg because we asked for it.

And it he comes up with anything else for my EDGE, I'll update it if I want to.

Anyone who deals with anything connected to a computer knows that glitches will happen. We would get glitches in the systems of high performance military jet aircraft. Just have to work it out.

I'm glad you like your tuner. I like mine.

I don't know how much stock to put into this, but the rumor over on one of the other forums is that the Edge is going to get more in the way of customizing in order to adress the needs of those with a little more than just bolt-ons. Again, I don't know how true this is, but sounds pretty cool.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:39 AM
I don't know how much stock to put into this, but the rumor over on one of the other forums is that the Edge is going to get more in the way of customizing in order to adress the needs of those with a little more than just bolt-ons. Again, I don't know how true this is, but sounds pretty cool.
I think it was Bill that said in another post that the Evo was only using about 25% of its capacity. Alot more can be programmed in. Who knows.

Wait and see.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Lots of updates=good. Its nice to see a company constantly striving to improve thier products to its customers AFTER the unit is sold. Its also refreshing to see that Edge (and Bill) are proactive in the f150 community and directly addressing problems and resolving issues right away....

I like my edge and I like the support I am seeing from this company....

Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by WaWaTuSi
Lots of updates=good. Its nice to see a company constantly striving to improve thier products to its customers AFTER the unit is sold. Its also refreshing to see that Edge (and Bill) are proactive in the f150 community and directly addressing problems and resolving issues right away....

I like my edge and I like the support I am seeing from this company....

Me too, very much so! I am very happy to have constant upgrades and a technical support staff person like Bill whom I'm sure worked his *** off all weekend!!

Old 03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Has the update been fixed yet?

Old 03-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by WaWaTuSi
Has the update been fixed yet?
Not sure which update you are referring to but the latest is 17a calibration last I knew, I downloaded it last night.

Quick Reply: Moved: Dont load edge update