Moved: Dont load edge update

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moved: Dont load edge update

Don't Load Edge Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loaded the new update today, installed level 3 like I have many times before and my truck wouldn't start. I figured there was a problem with the update, so I went back to stock. Guess what, it still didnt start. No matter what I do, I cant get it to start. No reply from edge yet (didn't really expect one today) but it looks like I'am going to have to pay Ford to fix this. I can't wait to hear the mocking from them. Anyway, just a warning to those with the Edge.

bobbybass22
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bobbybass22
Find all posts by bobbybass22
Add bobbybass22 to Your Buddy List

#2 Today, 12:38 PM

Old 03-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can’t you download the previous version that was working? Try disconnecting the battery for a while to let things reset and also see if there is a DTC code

Old 03-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by bobbybass22
Don't Load Edge Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loaded the new update today, installed level 3 like I have many times before and my truck wouldn't start. I figured there was a problem with the update, so I went back to stock. Guess what, it still didnt start. No matter what I do, I cant get it to start. No reply from edge yet (didn't really expect one today) but it looks like I'am going to have to pay Ford to fix this. I can't wait to hear the mocking from them. Anyway, just a warning to those with the Edge.

bobbybass22
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bobbybass22
Find all posts by bobbybass22
Add bobbybass22 to Your Buddy List

#2 Today, 12:38 PM

This is really BAD news. Now I am afraid to ever upgrade my unit now.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:26 PM
No you cant download previous versions and I did unhook the battery. I even tried my 1714 and it wouldnt even recognize the key being on.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by inurok
This is really BAD news. Now I am afraid to ever upgrade my unit now.
Don't be a sissy.

Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
Hey all...

As of yesterday, I was informed of 3 individuals whose truck became disabled after updating their Evolutions. Since then, I was told that there are several other vehicles suffering the same problem. I am currently at a loss as to what has caused this condition but it is under intense investigation right now.

In any event, if anyone is having a no start condition after updating their Evolution, give me a call as soon as possible so we can get your vehicle up and running again.

I will be in the office until at least 8:00 PM tonight and you can reach me directly at (801) 337-2162.

Please have your Evolution and your PC handy so we can get through this as quickly and easily as possible. Also, if you have a portable (or cell) phone please try to call on that so I can stay on the line until the PCM is recovered.

I know this situation has everyone frustrated, including me, and I apologize for any inconvenice that this situation may have caused. However, with a little patience we'll get this worked out.

Note: If anyone has seen other threads on this condition, could you please forward this message along. I'd hunt them down, but frankly I'd rather spend the time trying to fix the problem. I appreciate it.

Bill

Last edited by Kool Aid; 03-04-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
An opinion based on common sense is that the **** co. or any other company for that matter, should never have gotten into all this public display before as much has been worked out and tested before release to the general public.
I had worked very large main frame computer operations and the program upgrades were tested before release and tested again in the machine to detect compatibilty problems and get fixes if needed before ever booting over an operating system with all the consequences and rath that result.
From all I have been seeing,
i'm glad it's not me trying to develope product this way.
There are some who will take offense at this but it is the truth of the matter.
The end user is left with the rath and consequence; not good.
There are enough other problems to deal with without inviting more.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:28 PM

Last edited by Squeakers; 03-04-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bluegrass
An opinion based on common sense is that the **** co. or any other company for that matter, should never have gotten into all this public display before as much has been worked out and tested before release to the general public.
I had worked very large main frame computer operations and the program upgrades were tested before release and tested again in the machine to detect compatibilty problems and get fixes if needed before ever booting over an operating system with all the consequences and rath that result.
From all I have been seeing,
i'm glad it's not me trying to develope product this way.
There are some who will take offense at this but it is the truth of the matter.
The end user is left with the rath and consequence; not good.
There are enough other problems to deal with without inviting more.
This is funny.

Ever hear about Windows? Every version released is a beta.

If we had to wait for a perfect version of Windows we would be posting this with DOS.

Most companies work this way. It's the ones that release something, never to be heard from, with no updates, is the ones I want to stay away from.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
Don't be a sissy.

Not being a sissy but I just dont want to be put in that situation again. I upgraded my edge once before restoring my original trucks program and was in the same boat. Edge support rocks and got me running again but I hate being helpless in the meantime.

Dont be Un-Kool Aid.......

Old 03-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Whew!! And to think that I almost ordered the Edge. Thank you Mike Troyer, for the group buy. Glad I got on board.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
This is funny.

Ever hear about Windows? Every version released is a beta.

If we had to wait for a perfect version of Windows we would be posting this with DOS.

Most companies work this way. It's the ones that release something, never to be heard from, with no updates, is the ones I want to stay away from.

Good reply.........you beat me to it. I work in designing industrial machines and all I have to say is, with all the programming issues we run into, we deal with version updates and service packs on a weekly basis.....it's a PIA, but with the ever changing technology of today I don't think there is any company that can get there product out there and stay ahead of it.........I just have a lot of respect for those that put their product out there and do a good job of trying to keep up with it.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by MosineeFX4
Good reply.........you beat me to it. I work in designing industrial machines and all I have to say is, with all the programming issues we run into, we deal with version updates and service packs on a weekly basis.....it's a PIA, but with the ever changing technology of today I don't think there is any company that can get there product out there and stay ahead of it.........I just have a lot of respect for those that put their product out there and do a good job of trying to keep up with it.
And not charging for upgrades.

Old 03-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cottonhead
Whew!! And to think that I almost ordered the Edge. Thank you Mike Troyer, for the group buy. Glad I got on board.
So glad, I'm not the owner of a EDGE anymore....SOLD....XCAL2 on order..

Thanks Mike

Nice programmer, just to much updating and flashing for me....

Best of luck to everyone who's trucks will not start and can't return to stock, I don't even want to think about how FLAMING HOT I would be....

Old 03-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
Nice programmer, just to much updating and flashing for me....

Best of luck to everyone who's trucks will not start and can't return to stock, I don't even want to think about how FLAMING HOT I would be....
That would be no one.

Did you read the post where the Edge people have got everyone up and running?

No?

I didn't think so.

Reminds me of a troll.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:06 PM
It seems I will be in a dilema soon. Anyone who has read some of my recent posts will see that after I updated 2 updates ago, although I was having no problems, I thought that the performance was noticeably down from when I first got the unit. I had several emails back and forth with Bill and he was going to look into it after getting this latest update out. Well.........kind of ironically considering some other peoples problems.....my truck is running better than ever with this last update. I just got back from playing around a while and I have done several 0-60's, all between 7.2 and 7.4s.........which is better than I have ever gotten. I also did 2 1/4 mile runs, both directions on a "flat" stretch of road near my house. Did a 89mph 15.6s and a 90mph 15.4s1/4. Not to shabby for 4x4 Supercab? The hp calculator corrected for elevation (1200ft) puts me around 360-365hp? Wow.

Anyway, when the next update comes out, I may have a hard time convincing myself to download it. Hopefully, Bill will let us know if those of us that have not had a problem with the latest update need to do anything.

Also, after about a half a tank of fuel my AMPG seems like it might be in the ballpark (15.9)........I'll find out when I fill it up.

Last edited by MosineeFX4; 03-04-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Moved: Dont load edge update