Evolution and No Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it has something to do with the firewall or anti-virus. I know that everytime i have had problems downloading, it's because i didn't disable Norton. Not just for the EDGE updates, but for other downloads as well.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:48 PM
2005 Fx4 5.4l RXCM5E4.Hex
I loaded the 03/04/06 update, installed on level 3 in truck and the truck stalls when trying to shift into second, the 03/01/06 update caused my truck to hit the rev limiter when trying to shift into second but didnt stall.

Loaded my Sport Predator back in for now.

Man i Love The Edge's Power,gages and the the firm trans shift's.
I Hope They fix the problem fast

Old 03-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Okay, I think I may have isolated the calibration problem. I will be testing first thing in the morning to verify that all is well and will let everyone know for sure if we have it nailed.

Catch everyone tomorrow.

Bill

Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by Nates06SCab
I dunno if that's people like me, since nobody else posted my problem, but I will leave my Cell on as I sent it via email. I did have a damaged download that rendered the unit useless.

Nates93sten at comcast dot net.
My woes have abated with the Sunday updates, so thanks Bill and Edge team.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by UR2COOL-FX4
2005 Fx4 5.4l RXCM5E4.Hex
I loaded the 03/04/06 update, installed on level 3 in truck and the truck stalls when trying to shift into second, the 03/01/06 update caused my truck to hit the rev limiter when trying to shift into second but didnt stall.

Loaded my Sport Predator back in for now.

Man i Love The Edge's Power,gages and the the firm trans shift's.
I Hope They fix the problem fast
You can run the Edge's gauges while using the Predator.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Whats the status? (I am good... Will wait to update once the bugs are fixed)

Old 03-06-2006, 01:27 PM
bill, i notice now on my desktop i have 2 edge icons....one says shortcut to lightning .exe and the other one says evolution lightning. both have the same edge screen as far as icons. when i click on either of them i get the version v1.02.0143....should i just get rid of any edge stuff in the computer and re download? both show the latest versions when hitting the check for downloads button.....or any other thoughts? thanks for all you guys do! maybe you can come up with a way to revert back to a known version that was ok? just a thought for those who get even worse problems like no start....at least i can get back to the stock program to run the truck for now.....let me know bill, and thanks again for striving so hard!!!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 02:03 PM
For anyone who has the engine stall problem, you should be able to run one of the performance tunes, levels 2 or 3, just don't do the custom settings-select "no" when it asks. At least this has worked for me during this latest update issue. I'd rather run a performance tune than run stock. I'm on the level 2 performance tune, but without my custom settings. No stall problems.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by CO FX4
For anyone who has the engine stall problem, you should be able to run one of the performance tunes, levels 2 or 3, just don't do the custom settings-select "no" when it asks. At least this has worked for me during this latest update issue. I'd rather run a performance tune than run stock. I'm on the level 2 performance tune, but without my custom settings. No stall problems.

I allready tried that and still have the stall problem. Not to mention I dont wanna take the chance of stalling in a dangerous situation when there is still a problem with the tuner.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Red05stx
I allready tried that and still have the stall problem. Not to mention I dont wanna take the chance of stalling in a dangerous situation when there is still a problem with the tuner.
That's probably the wisest thing to do, just wait until the bugs are exterminated. Funny how this is affecting folks in different ways. Must be the hex code, or something.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Custom Defaults?

Bill you posted this on 2/02/06 and I am confused about "Custom Defaults" (number 2). Can you see the stock tire size if I load tune 2 without customizing it by unplugging the evo then plugging it back in? Since you are seeing the programmed level defaults.....please explain!

Bill wrote:https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...97#post2008697 or read below.

Now, here's a couple tricks to setting custom options....
1. Custom Changes

If you don't need to change it, DON'T! In most cases leaving a custom option untouched will revert to the normal values for the level you are using. The only exception to this is (of course) tire size and gear ratio. Because of the way they must be handled, if you set one, you must set the other. Otherwise your speedometer will be significantly off (as much as 20%).

2. Custom Defaults

When the unit is plugged in, all the custom option defaults are read from the PCM. When you go into custom programming options, these are the default values displayed, NOT what the defaults for a particular level are. Now pay close attention... You can program to a particular level (without custom options), disconnect the unit from the OBDII port, reconnect and then all the programmed levels values become the default custom options. Pretty sneaky, eh? Do keep in mind that any time you disconnect the unit any custom option values will disappear. This is unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

3. Reload Custom Defaults

Whenever you go into a programming session where you have already made custom changes, ALWAYS make sure you go to "Load Previous Settings" BEFORE you change any values. Otherwise, your previous changes will be lost, at least for any parameter you viewed before reloading. Again, this is unfortunate but that's the way it is.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Just looked at the Edge website. The updates pdf shows a new update for the lightning software and the firmware. Says it fixes the stalling problem. Someone go update their unit so by the time I get home from work I will know whether to do it or not.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:48 PM
MosineeFX4

Originally Posted by MosineeFX4
Just looked at the Edge website. The updates pdf shows a new update for the lightning software and the firmware. Says it fixes the stalling problem. Someone go update their unit so by the time I get home from work I will know whether to do it or not.

When you update it says "unable to locate version file". According to the new lightning update it is suppose to tell you that when the server is down!

Old 03-07-2006, 10:10 AM
so whats the lates word. are we suppose to be updating to 17a yet?

Old 03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by Silverfish
When you update it says "unable to locate version file". According to the new lightning update it is suppose to tell you that when the server is down!
Correct. In order to prevent updates, I block access to the Version File. This prevents people from continuing to grab a bad update and allows me to test the update transfers to make sure everything is working properly.

I am currently testing the updates and should have everything ready by noon. If anyone would like to help test the updates, call me at (801) 337-2162 and I'll get your units updated quickly. The sooner I can get these tested, the sooner I can release it.

As always, I appreciate everyone's patience. I know this has been a frustrating few days and I would like to thank everyone for sitting tight until we could get the issues resolved.

Catch ya later.

Bill

Quick Reply: Evolution and No Start