Evolution and No Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
Correct. In order to prevent updates, I block access to the Version File. This prevents people from continuing to grab a bad update and allows me to test the update transfers to make sure everything is working properly.

I am currently testing the updates and should have everything ready by noon. If anyone would like to help test the updates, call me at (801) 337-2162 and I'll get your units updated quickly. The sooner I can get these tested, the sooner I can release it.

As always, I appreciate everyone's patience. I know this has been a frustrating few days and I would like to thank everyone for sitting tight until we could get the issues resolved.

Catch ya later.

Bill
Bill -

Unfortunatly I'm swamped at work today otherwise I would take you up on your offer to beta test. I will, however, be willing to beta test updates in the future. Let me know if you would like me to contact you about future beta testing.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:16 AM
FX,

Yeah... I figured everyone would be at work right now. Oh well. I'll just have to keep hammering away on our trucks and keep my fingers crossed.

Later.

Bill

Old 03-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Bill -

On second thought....I can find a few minutes. If you need to...I can't do much but I can slip in about a 10 minute city drive around here in Little Rock. Can't hit the interstate but will have numerous 1-2 shifts. I can manage to sneek away for about 10 minutes to help out my fellow Edge Evo bros.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill,

Thanks for all of your hard work. If you still need someone to test I will be leaving work at 2pm cst. After I get home I can fire up the truck and test if you still need someone else to check out the calibration.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Update is back online...

Old 03-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Exclamation

No it's not...

I put it on long enough for a couple folks to test. Until I say it's ready, it's "grab it at your own risk"! I just want to make sure that there are no other buggies floating around in the soup.

Give me another hour to make sure that all is well and then I'll re-enable the updates.

Nicky,

Always like to have more testers, but by the time you get home we should have it released. Thanks anyway, though!

Remember, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission !!!

Bill

Last edited by ASEMechanic; 03-07-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Bill, your great customer service alone has convinced me to order the EDGE. Should be here Saturday.

Great product + great Customer Service = You are charging way too little for this product.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Bill, since you're watching this thread, gotta question. Does the v16 calibration change anything other than the shift pressures, over the v15? I've been running the v 15, level 2 non-custom and I've been very satisfied. Just hoping thes same performance will be there with v16. The non-custom is running so well, can't wait to be able to tweak the timing and stuff. Also, would have loved to help beta too. Shoulda brought my cable to work, could have done it from here.

Old 03-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by ZildjianB
Bill, your great customer service alone has convinced me to order the EDGE. Should be here Saturday.

Great product + great Customer Service = You are charging way too little for this product.

I am shure if you wanted to throw a few hundred extra in he wouldnt mind

Old 03-07-2006, 01:56 PM

Lets not get carried away. Great product, good customer service, well worth the money. But the reality is I have a kid in college. I'm lucky I could afford to have gotten in on the ground floor of this deal. My son is not in the Marines paying his own way.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Red05stx
I am shure if you wanted to throw a few hundred extra in he wouldnt mind
Yeah... just make it out to CASH! I'll buy the beers!

Okay, I think we have tested about as much as we can. Our 04, 05 and 06 are all trotting along happily as well as a few of our customers. I am going to go ahead and release this version.

Software - 1.02.0148
Firmware - v16
Calibration - v17a

If you have any questions or issues, please let me know immediately. Your specific calibration (ie. RXAQ5B4, OKCM3A3, etc.) is necessary for me to troubleshoot any issues, so please have it handy. It can be found in the [Diagnostics] -> [Version Info] menu. As usual, the number is (801) 337-2162.

---

To answer your question CO FX4, other than a recompile to ensure that everything was copacetic, calibration v17a should be the same as v15a (or 16a for that matter).

As it turms out, most of the problems we were having were firmware related so there is a difference between v15 and v16 of the firmware.

Also, in case some people don't know...

The Firmware is the program (or application) that the evolution runs. This is what controls the menus, screen displays, diagnostics, etc.

The Calibration is the collection of tuning changes we make to your PCM. This is where the timing tables, fuel tables, shifting strategies, etc. are stored.

Okay, I think I'll breathe and get a bite to eat. Back in a few to check on you guys.

Later.

Bill

Old 03-07-2006, 03:52 PM
i just spent about an hour (i hate dialup!) getting the latest versions.....getting ready to load in truck now.....will give thumps up or down when i get back....my hex rxaq5b4 for those keeping track....thanks bill....will let you guys know in about 15 minutes or so.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh, one other thing.

I get alot of people saying that after they updated their unit they get an error when they click on "Read Stock Calibration". This is normal because the update process completely erases the memory in the unit, effectively wiping out the stock and vid files. This is the reason we read them BEFORE doing an update. Once the truck is reprogrammed, those files will return.

Also, keep in mind that those files are generally only necessary to recover a failed PCM, which in a perfect world never happens. Right??

Oh, and I'd gladly take a thumbs up over a... well... "New York" salute! Even a thumbs down would be better than that!

Take care.

Bill

Last edited by ASEMechanic; 03-07-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Well all loaded up went thru about 4 miles of riding the break (road blocked) and 6 miles of city traffic with no problems ( level 1 only) RXCM5D6

Just got unit today so.... but was a lot different!!

Mike

Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM
bill, just got back works like a charm. i even decided to do a 0-60 run to see how that went....it was 7.4 (up from 6.9), however i equate that to the tire size...the default was 2559 in the manual....when i decided to do the rolling method i got a 2464.....so i am thinking this could be it.....i also tried going to 1.7 on the wot fuel and 1.5 on the timing (about 500 ft above sea level 93 oct. fuel)....no pinging, should this be done? or is it a little to much.....thanks bill!

Quick Reply: Evolution and No Start