Evolution and No Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Evolution and No Start

Hey all...

As of yesterday, I was informed of 3 individuals whose truck became disabled after updating their Evolutions. Since then, I was told that there are several other vehicles suffering the same problem. I am currently at a loss as to what has caused this condition but it is under intense investigation right now.

In any event, if anyone is having a no start condition after updating their Evolution, give me a call as soon as possible so we can get your vehicle up and running again.

I will be in the office until at least 8:00 PM tonight and you can reach me directly at (801) 337-2162.

Please have your Evolution and your PC handy so we can get through this as quickly and easily as possible. Also, if you have a portable (or cell) phone please try to call on that so I can stay on the line until the PCM is recovered. I will need some data files e-mailed to me as well. These files will be located in the C:\Edge Products\Lightning\Data folder. I need any "stock_######_######.bin" and "vid_######_######.bin" files that may be present. E-mail the files to bcohron @ edgeproducts.com before you call so I can get everything done as quickly as possible.

I know this situation has everyone frustrated, including me, and I apologize for any inconvenice that this situation may have caused. However, with a little patience we'll get this worked out.

Note: If anyone has seen other threads on this condition, could you please forward this message along. I'd hunt them down, but frankly I'd rather spend the time trying to fix the problem. I appreciate it.

Bill

Last edited by ASEMechanic; 03-10-2006 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added E-mail address
Old 03-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Noticed Something!?

I loaded the latest (3-1-06) version and had a stall problem on tune 3 when I added to the std. shift points....
My hex file is:RXCM4DZ
2005 5.4L BUILT APRIL

Last edited by Silverfish; 03-08-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Talking

Thanks for the quick response.... I can drive again... yeppeeeee...lol...

Old 03-04-2006, 04:13 PM
I think it says allot that Bill is in there putting in the time on Saturday to adress these issues.

Question for Bill,

Should those of us that have not had any issues with this latest update continue to use it or reload the stock tune and sit tight for the next update?

Just in case it might help you, I've heard of the problems being with the 04s from the RXAQ family. Mine is an 04 with HEX code RXAQ3B3 and so far I have experienced nothing unusual. I am running level 3 which I have customized by making changes to:

Tire size
WOT shifts
Rev limiter
Speed limiter
Standard shifts

I would also like to state that the issue that I had since downloading version 14 (calibration?..2 updates ago) with the performance seeming to be down feels like it is fixed (you may remember emailing back and forth a few times with me on the subject). Performance feels more like when I first got the unit back in early January.

Just wanted to share any info I could that may help.

Thanks Bill

Old 03-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MosineeFX4
I think it says allot that Bill is in there putting in the time on Saturday to adress these issues.

Question for Bill,

Should those of us that have not had any issues with this latest update continue to use it or reload the stock tune and sit tight for the next update?

Just in case it might help you, I've heard of the problems being with the 04s from the RXAQ family. Mine is an 04 with HEX code RXAQ3B3 and so far I have experienced nothing unusual. I am running level 3 which I have customized by making changes to:

Tire size
WOT shifts
Rev limiter
Speed limiter
Standard shifts

I would also like to state that the issue that I had since downloading version 14 (calibration?..2 updates ago) with the performance seeming to be down feels like it is fixed (you may remember emailing back and forth a few times with me on the subject). Performance feels more like when I first got the unit back in early January.

Just wanted to share any info I could that may help.

Thanks Bill
First, I'd like to say that I am here to make sure that I can do anything and everything to make our customers happy. If that means I have to be in on Saturday, or Sunday, or Midnight for that matter then that's what it takes. It's you guys (and gals) that are important. Without you guys, we wouldn't be here.

Now... as for updating....

NOBODY DO ANYTHING until I can determine and isolate where the problem is. I have actually been able to recreate the problem and think I am on the way to a solution. I just don't want anyone whose truck hasn't gone kaput to risk crashing the PCM. As soon as I know for sure we are golden, I'll post back.

Also, thanks for letting me know about the power issue. I'll continue to research some of the other problems, but that gives me one less thing to hunt down.

Again, if anyone else is still stranded, please call me so we can get you going.

Thanks.

Bill

Old 03-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Standing by for further instructions.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Hex OKCM3A3.
Problem: Level 3, truck stalls when trying to shift. Pulled over and loaded back to stock and no problem now.
2005 4.6, Built 09/04.

Trending Topics

Old 03-04-2006, 05:24 PM
another stall

I cut this from another forum for Bill...just a heads up....

ford141
Member Join Date: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150

I have noticed the same stall problem after loading the update on level 2. I did correct my tuner for tire size, I am running 35's which is a circumference of 2792mm. Even with the correct circumference loaded, the truck still stalls when trying to shift into second. I loaded stock tune, everything is fine. I even loaded level 1 so I could correct my speedo again and everything is fine. Anyone have a fix for this yet? Truck is an 05 5.4L built in March.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:28 PM
No problems with my 06 so far. Do these problems happen right after the upgrade or can they occur later? I guess I am asking if I should go back to stock until this issue is fixed? Thanks in advance, guys.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:15 PM
I also had the stall problem. I am work right now, so I don't have my code handy. When I loaded setting 2 or 3 and adjusted shift firmness, tire size, and speed limiter the truck would stall out when trying to shift from 1 to 2. Returned to stock, drove back home and reloaded the Edge from my laptop and everything seems fine but I haven't messed with any custom options yet.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Thumbs up Updates Available (haa haa haa)

Okay....

Updates are available. Just to hopefully put minds at ease, I have had 2 members update and program their vehicles with no difficulty.

Software - 1.02.0143
Firmware - 15
Calibration - 17a

To everyone that has suffered a downed vehicle, I apologoize profusely for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding that sometimes things just happen. To those that have their units programmed to StockWriters, I will try to get in touch with you tomorrow to restore your functionality. If I don't get in touch with you, get ahold of me on Monday.

I have tracked down the problem and it seems to be the result of corrupted update files on the web server. What I am not sure of is WHY they were corrupted. I can only guess that when they were transferred something garbaged up the files.

Anyway, it's been a long day and I am off to try to get some sleep. I'll check e-mails and phone messages tomorrow and will be able to help anyone else who got stranded.

Take care.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Took the truck for a spin, all seems ok. Amgp seems pretty accurate also.
Couple of high speed runs to check shifts and came home with a 7.1 avg.

Thanks Bill, nice talking to ya.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Bill! Help!

I'm going to leave a message for you at tech support email address. I tried to update earlier today and now have the no start condition. Unfortunately I was on my way out and couldn't stick around to get things going again. I hope you will be around on sunday.
My stock hex was RXCM5E4.

Later.

JK

Old 03-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
Okay....

Updates are available. Just to hopefully put minds at ease, I have had 2 members update and program their vehicles with no difficulty.

Software - 1.02.0143
Firmware - 15
Calibration - 17a

To everyone that has suffered a downed vehicle, I apologoize profusely for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding that sometimes things just happen. To those that have their units programmed to StockWriters, I will try to get in touch with you tomorrow to restore your functionality. If I don't get in touch with you, get ahold of me on Monday.

I have tracked down the problem and it seems to be the result of corrupted update files on the web server. What I am not sure of is WHY they were corrupted. I can only guess that when they were transferred something garbaged up the files.

Anyway, it's been a long day and I am off to try to get some sleep. I'll check e-mails and phone messages tomorrow and will be able to help anyone else who got stranded.

Take care.
How about those of us that did not have a problem with this latest update, should we update to this one or are we safe with what we got?

Thanks

Old 03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
JK,

Please leave a message at my direct number. I can't get messages from the Tech Support lines. (801) 337-2162. I'll check messages and call you right back.

On Edit - Never mind. I see your e-mail. I called and left a message. Call back when you have time.

Bill

Last edited by ASEMechanic; 03-05-2006 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Update message

Quick Reply: Evolution and No Start