Touchy Touchy

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touchy Touchy

Last edited by JJG052590; 03-05-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by fourpointsix
Inaccurate information? Was or was not "***"inatra posted by a Troyer customer on another thread? I don't understand how you can deny that. You cannot deny the fact that anyone who questions Troyer is insulted and personally attacked on this forum and there is no action taken against those members, while those who criticize Troyer are suspended or banned. There are perfectly legitimate and factual challenges that have been presented - and then intentionally supressed or characterized falsey as inappropriate or as a personal attack. No one likes posts that are started merely to insult any vendor. No one is asking for free reign to slander Troyer Performance. All that is desired is an open, rather than biased, dialogue.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Original Thread
Why was this closed. This is a legit conversation and both parties get a chance to debate their issues.

I may or may not be banned along with Asinatra (he was banned in part because of this thread). I too feel frustrated with what I am allowed to say because of how close the webmaster and Troyer are. It's clear of what your relationship entitles. It would take a mere phonecall to have me banned on Troyer's behalf.

Regardless of my inferior standing to Troyer's, I'm speaking because I don't like the idea of misleading others into the belief that the Xcal2 is problem free, including other Troyer products like my E-fans. I am convinced my problems with the products I've purchased are no longer going to be covered due to this post for one excuse or another. For instance, both controllers from my e-fans broke, the same part. It's those small "pots" or dials that turn to control the temperature-on points. They require very little pressure to break and because of this they no longer function. There have been several customers who broke their temperature pots. I have read posts on here where Troyer mentions to a customer with this problem, these pots require significant pressure to break and therefore he will not cover them under warranty. There was another post on Fordtruckworld that had complaints about this same part breaking and he mentioned Troyer covered one controller but not the other (both broke in his case as well). Mike was a nice guy to talk to over the phone and his products and customer service are good, don't get me wrong, but not worlds away from the competition.

Troyer has been good as far as datalogging goes but the Xcal2 has given me poor gas mileage and an odd behaving pedal. I have to push the pedal down significantly to see any sort of gain in the RPM's. I am a pretty decorated Troyer customer, I've bought several items from them because of their reputation, but I felt a bit mislead. On the contrary, I could be struck with a case of bad luck.

I'm sure this thread will just be deleted or closed in respect to Troyer, but in my opinion it's not exactly fair to us. I run several large-scale forums so I know how this goes.

Last edited by Josiah; 03-05-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:22 PM
F150online
Founder
Because the thread was several days old, both parties had the opportunity to tell their side and there was no debate. The "debate," as you interpret it centers someone's desire to dredge up an old topic to cause controversy, around people's belief that I am somehow lying about our site's policies and why people get banned. That's not debate. I told you the policy. You tell me I am wrong based on the side you choose to believe.

If you don't want to believe why people are banned or suspended, then find another site. We ban and suspend people for beating a dead-horse. This is a dead-horse topic now and if anyone starts another worthless thread on it, they will be banned or suspended. I am sick and tired of this childish crap. Believe asinatra if you wan't, I don't frankly care. But don't come here and call me a liar and say we should "debate" when I have stated our policy over and over again. LAST WARNING.

Oh, and of course let me add, since if anyone does get banned because this, they will, of course, say that is was because of Troyer since it's so easy to blame someone else rather than taking personal responsibility for not just dropping something. Of course, they will also tell everyone that they were suspended because they spoke their mind about Troyer, our bias, yada, yada. Predictable, really.

But, considering he wasn't even involved in this thread and since the warning is based on calling me a liar and beating a dead-horse issue, I figured it would make sense to pre-set the record straight for all to see that think I am a liar. We'll see what happens in the next couple days, but I'm fairly certain I already know.

Last edited by webmaster; 03-05-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Touchy Touchy