What tuner 2 get???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What tuner 2 get???

i want a tuner for my 2001 5.4L F-150, i want one mainly for better MPG, and to change tire size calibration... i want to run it on 87 octane, iam mainly looking for better MPG u would say, and change the tire sizes????

Old 03-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by 1BadFX4
i want a tuner for my 2001 5.4L F-150, i want one mainly for better MPG, and to change tire size calibration... i want to run it on 87 octane, iam mainly looking for better MPG u would say, and change the tire sizes????
Bad

Their are so many opinion's here. Have you done a search in the forum?
If not, you should. Not trying to be rude but everyone like's something different. I'm going with an Xcal2.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 1Bad,

Any number of tuners will allow you to correct the speedometer, of course.

In terms of what will give you the best potential for MPG gains, that would be a custom tune done specifically for MPG - what we do its to deliver a set of 3 different custom tunes, so that you can have quick access to anything from a pure performance tune, to a towing tune, to an MPG-specific type of tune if you like, just fr one example. I think it's important to have multiple tunes, so that you have some real flexibility and can use your vehicle to do anything it was made to do, and then some, only much better.

Now in terms of what kind of mpg gains you will see, that is really a matter of how well that vehicle has been maintained, the quality and octane level of fuel it is being fed, and of course, how it is tuned, to what depth it is tuned. This is why I say our custom tuning is going to give you the best potential for mpg gains, by doing an mpg-specific type of tune as one of the 3 custom tunes we deliver. We have specialized in tuning the F-150 platform for 14+ years, so we have more experience tung this platform than anyone else - we have helped out major chipmakers from time to time due to our expertise, for example. And doing a custom tune as opposed to any type of "off the shelf" type of product is also a very important distinction, as only custom tuning can give you an MPG-specific type of tune.

Ultimately, you have to decide what you feel is best for you, but I would suggest spending some time reading posts from our custom tuning customers, and see how they feel about what we have done for them - and of course, please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below to get more detailed info on what you can expect to see, what we can actually do for your specific vehicle & how you operate it, etc - we'll be happy to help.

I hope that brief info helps a bit, & best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm in the same boat. I just want to get a controller to gain a bit of MPG and power when needed. I'll definitely be ordering from Troyer. Everything I've read on you guys is very good.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:07 AM
I just got my xcal2 from troyer yesterday and I would say that even the first tune I loaded (89 perf) has the potential to get better mpg because it gets the truck up to speed better, the gears don't seem to take forever to labor through. But I must say "potential" because when I plant the pedal to the floor it creates a giant sh&t eatting grin on my face that just won't go away and I can't stop doing it!!! Thanks Mike.

Old 03-17-2006, 12:21 AM
yeah, i've talked to a SCT rep today, and i think iam going to go with it... he said he see's 3mpg increases all the time in the 87 settings, and as much as 5-6 mpg increases before..and i cant beat the price, its cheaper then any other tuner so far...

Quick Reply: What tuner 2 get???