edge vs xcalII

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge vs xcalII

New to the site and love it. I have a new 06 screw fx4 and am looking at which to go with. Read a lot about both but not real sure of the advantages/disadvantages of each.
Can someone help me out?

thanks

Old 03-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by ccy333
New to the site and love it. I have a new 06 screw fx4 and am looking at which to go with. Read a lot about both but not real sure of the advantages/disadvantages of each.
Can someone help me out?

thanks

I recommend you do a search. I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of info

Beside this debate has been going on for a very long time and at times has become very "spirited"

Good luck!! Either way you'll see a improvement over stock.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:50 PM
ive done some searches and have been reading all afternoon... just not sure what pros and cons of each are. There is too much information for someone who knows jack about any of this! just looking for a simple list.
thanks for the reply.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:24 PM
It will all depend on who you talk to when it comes to pros and cons. I wish I could help but, you may get more confused after listening to several opinions.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Since Mike Troyer sells both now, I'd say give him a shout and discuss your wants and needs with him. You can't go wrong that way.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
Since Mike Troyer sells both now, I'd say give him a shout and discuss your wants and needs with him. You can't go wrong that way.
What he said.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They’re both good tuners. The XCal2 is custom and the Edge is canned. Think of it as buying a suit off the rack at Sears or having your tailor custom fit you, depends on what you want

Old 03-22-2006, 12:19 AM
I purchased the XCAL2. Based on the threads of both units on this forum. Sorry, I can not make a comment to which one is better for fear of being booted off this site.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:29 AM
Comparing these two items is an Apples and Oranges affair.

They both offer increased performance, but they go about it in totally different ways.

If you want the maximum performance, and don't want to fool with anything ever again......just load it and forget it, then the Xcal2 is for you.

If you want a great performance from a canned tune, but still would like to tinker around with different settings, and have the ability to monitor various engine/transmission functions, temperatures and voltage, etc....along with being able to run timed 0-60 and 1/4 mile et's, as well as pull trouble codes, then the Edge is probably for you. It's a much more "hands on" type tuner, designed more for the gear head that likes to be in control.

The Edge also has two bonus features.

With the ability to set RPM and MPH limits, you can make your truck "teenager friendly", by restricting how fast they drive, or how high they rev the motor....etc.

The other bonus is the ability to return your truck to stock tune, and sell the Edge to someone else. They can use the unit just the same as you did, because it's not tied to specific PCM codes.

Apples and Oranges.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:07 AM
I also have the Edge and love it, but either way you go you will be very happy. Look at it this way once you get it you dont have anything to compare it to. Look at the features and pick the best one for you.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:10 AM
With the ability to set RPM and MPH limits, you can make your truck "teenager friendly", by restricting how fast they drive, or how high they rev the motor....etc.
And it also has a records sections so you can check to see if he/she maxed out the rpms.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by cottonhead
I purchased the XCAL2. Based on the threads of both units on this forum. Sorry, I can not make a comment to which one is better for fear of being booted off this site.
NoOne has ever been booted for stating facts or personal opinions. Only for personal attacks against other members. If you have an opinion that is constructive, by all means post away!

Old 03-23-2006, 02:04 AM
I don't have one yet but I think this thread has some good info from someone that has both.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...t=edge+vs+Xcal

It looks like it was a hanest comparision and not I like this one because that is what I have. MoJoe seemed to tell what he liked about the two and why he would choose one over the other without any bashing.

Last edited by donniep3; 03-23-2006 at 02:07 AM.

Quick Reply: edge vs xcalII