the wait is killin me

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine arrived today, tried the towing tune, now have to burn out the last om my 87 octane to try out the 93 performance tune.

Originally Posted by malinsk1
Faxed my paper in 2/23/06. Just talked to my mother and there is a brown box waiting for me at home. Can't wait to get home.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TSDan
Don't know myself but I think I read somewhere that the cost of the premium V/S the performance of premium tune covers the cost.Providing that your foot can stay off the floor most of the time.
Assuming that I can keep my foot out of it...

Old 04-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A lot of your guys in this thread already have had your tuning completed, I think all but one - and the rest are coming out more quickly now.

What happened was, a set of several circumstances that drove me nuts, too!!

First, I got the flu for a few days, then we moved the shop, and then we had that huge 3-day marathon dyno event right on top of everything, and all of that combined probably added an easy 10 days to everything - whew!

And to make matters worse, there were some days where we got dozens & dozens of CPW's in - like 2/24 was one, 2/17 was another, and so on - so some days we got none, but other days we got a few dozen, setting up a scenario where someone who sent their CPW's in on the same day may have gotten their tuning a week to ten days after someone else who turned in their CPW's on that same day!!! It was just odd how they would come in to us in such big spurts - a ton one day, none the next 2 days, and then a bunch more another day, and so on.

As I mentioned in another post recently, I am doing NOTHING but tuning, tuning tuning - I am adding nothing to the web site, I am turning away all installation work, I am turning away all dyno work, etc., until these tunes are caught up - this is also why I have not been posting here every day like I normally do.

So for everyone - thank you ever so much for your patience, all ca say is I am getting them done as quickly as possible WITHOUT compromising the quality of the tuning - and have put everything else on hold other than this tuning, to facilitate getting them done as quickly as possible, including not having had a day off in over 4 months that i can recall (well, other than 3 days out with a nasty flu bug).

So that's is the scoop, and we thank you all so very much for hanging in there with us, it is greatly appreciated (sweat pant, groan.........) !!!

Thank you, so very much, for your patience!

Old 04-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's all good Mike! Keep up the good work!

Old 04-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Got the call from Neil on Friday....said my XCal II & Air Force 1 was ready to go! Bad news....2 of my automatic debits went out of the account THAT SAME DAY (Truck payment, life ins)

I now have money deposited in there...will wait for monday for me to call back. I'm an idiot! :o

Thanks Mike for busting out those tunes ASAP! Mucho gracias. (sp?)

Old 04-16-2006, 06:20 AM
I faxed mine to Troyer on 3/2 and still nothing. Was told 18 days from fax when I ordered. Thx for posting an update, hopefully I'll see it soon.....?

Last edited by vtwindude; 04-16-2006 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Talking

20 bucks says that I'm the one tune that has not gone out.Maybe cause thay know I want an AFOne and they don't make one as of yet for a 4.2ltr.Tell you the truth if the intake is going to be ready in say 30 to 45 days.I'd wait for that to get the combo,as long as it came with the combo price,this would save on an upgraded tune anyway right.Well I'm just talken out my pie-hole anyway right, cause I don't have a clue on who,what,where,and when.By the way HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!

Old 04-16-2006, 04:01 PM
I ordered 2/27 and faxed mine 2/28 and still haven't heard anything. Of the guys that just got them, when did you fax and receive yours?

Old 04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm thinking I was one of the last ones to get in for the Group Buy. I called and spoke with Neil on 3/10 at about 4:45 pm. Just made it! I needed to do a read strategy, so I've actually had the XCal2 for a month now - just no tunes. I'm guessing that I'm probably at least another week out.

Does anybody know if I could hook up the XCal2 and try out the LiveLink software even though I'm still running the stock tune?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Funny, I thought maybe he was talking about me (referring to the last one) I ordered mine on 3/10, faxed on 3/13. Not upset or anything. I expected a wait (thought admittedly not this long) but I sure wish I had it of course.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:31 PM
I for one appreciate that you take you time rather than rush it out.

I've been about a month but I'm still fine....

Keep up the good work.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by jmcmike
Funny, I thought maybe he was talking about me (referring to the last one) I ordered mine on 3/10, faxed on 3/13. Not upset or anything. I expected a wait (thought admittedly not this long) but I sure wish I had it of course.

Isn't it funny how all of us thought that we were "The One". I know I did!!
Mine was ordered and faxed on 3/6................still waiting.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:23 AM
well im hoping mine shows this week. I have to deposit my check tomorrow. Car and insurance both came otu this week too.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by TSDan
Don't know myself but I think I read somewhere that the cost of the premium V/S the performance of premium tune covers the cost.Providing that your foot can stay off the floor most of the time.
Something about buying a performance tune and keeping your foot off the floor that just doesn't make sense.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:59 AM
well at nearly $3/gal. i think you'de keep your foot off of it a lil. I know i will even with the tune.

Quick Reply: the wait is killin me