the wait is killin me

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well ups finally showed up at 715'ish. I wanted to rip this new guys head off. But yea needless to say its still sitting in the box. I read the instruction booklet. Looks like i'll be changing the o2 sensors tomorrow if wake up in time and order the ignition upgrade over the weekend.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by cottonhead
Got my delivery notice. It will be here Saturday.
I'll test it out Saturday night on the way to the beach.

Oppps, I got my dates wrong. (for the better)

My xcall2 will be here Friday.
Confirmation email on March 6th.

Old 05-05-2006, 02:55 PM
8 weeks here. Ordered 3/10, faxed 3/13. Who's the latest to get their tunes and when did you order? I'd like to figure out how far out I am.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I faxed my worksheets in on 3/7 for AF1 and Xcal2. Got the email that they shipped 4/27. I received them yesterday 5/4. It's a different truck!

Old 05-05-2006, 08:40 PM
jmcmike---Confuuushuss SSaayyyys-He who wait for little brown truck sit by open window alot and say Chooppie Chooppie guy in little brown shorts.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:23 PM
jmcmike - fax confirmation march 9th- received mine yesterday, loaded the 87 perf tune today and 8 weeks was worth the wait! worth every penny and then some. can hardly wait for the 93 tune...

Old 05-05-2006, 10:50 PM
i ordered mine on 3/8 and i just got it today. so far....I LOVE IT

Old 05-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi everyone,

All of the tunes are rolling our of here much quicker now - in retrospect, I do have to say that we learned some hard lessons from doing a Group Buy on our custom tuning - perhaps the first of which was to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

Actually, it was also all the *additional* factors that just kicked our butts on this, like having to build out & get moved into the new shop at this exact same time period - and every area we started working on in this new shop we found more and more problems we had to correct - for example, we ended up having to completely require the entire building, re-do a lot of the plumbing, jackhammer up & re-pour a lot of concrete, and so many other things that you just have no idea of until you actually get into doing your renovations & reconfiguring of an existing building - and it's not like it is an OLD building, it was built in the 90's - but it was done very poorly, as we found out the hard way,and we spent enough money to buy the land and build a brand new building in getting this building up to code & ready to actually occupy, etc.

You just wouldn't believe how hard everyone here worked to get all of this done and we are finally down to the last few days of tunes that came in during the Group Buy.

The way it's been working is that some people got them in 15-20 business days, and then there were some others who took as much as 45 business days, due to all kinds of factors - building the new shop, me getting the flu & being out for a few days, moving into the shop, then the 3-day marathon dyno day event, and then the bigger factors (all combined), such as all the vehicles that had been reflashed (which turned out to be a significant percentage, a number of the CPW's not being filled out properly and not having the required info & thus us having to track those owners back down to get all the required info, as well as some rather difficult configurations who opted to take advantage of getting in on that Group Buy. Also, a number of vehicles had mods that caused them to by far out-strip their fuel pumps, fuel injectors, MAF's, etc., and some of those took quite a while to get their owners convinced that they really needed those parts - you name it, and we ran into it, it has been an incredible grind!

So we certainly learned a lot from it, both in terms of whether we'd ever do it again, as well as in terms of trying to figure out better ways to keep everyone abreast of their status (which we never did because of all the variances in time frames of people getting info back to us on reflashes & other missing info, etc., etc., etc.

It really was a situation that has never happened before - nobody has ever done a "Group Buy" on *custom* tuning - but we pulled it off.

We really did it simply because of the undeniable fact that even bone-stock vehicles benefit far more from proper custom tuning than any type of off the shelf device - despite a few naysayers who still try to claim otherwise, (mostly to justify their own decisions not to do a custom tune, or those working for competitors flying in here under the radar, which we've had a lot of), and we were happy to get so many people in to take advantage of our custom tuning. You wouldn't believe the number of older vehicles that people had been driving for many years who would never do a tune until they could get in on our Group Buy, it was amazing. We tuned hundreds of vehicles during this Group Buy, and still have a few left to complete the Group Buy.

We want to thank everyone for their patience, and as can easily be seen, virtually everyone here from the first-time modifier to even the moderator here has been delighted at what we've been able to do for their vehicles - especially those who came to our dyno event and were actually able to see just what does and what does not work, etc.

So our thanks to you all, & we hope you enjoy your new power!

Old 05-09-2006, 01:23 PM
No, Thank YOU Mike!

Even though I wasn't part of the group by, I've been a customer since 2001(2 trucks) and have never been disappointed.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Mine will be here tomorrow.

Quick Reply: the wait is killin me