Airaid or AF1 with XCAL2 93 perf- Mike T. ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Airaid or AF1 with XCAL2 93 perf- Mike T. ?

Hi Mike, see you folks on Sunday, I have 3:30 dyno time, man.. I'm really looking forward to it. Very happy with the xcal2 tune ( only run the 93 oct perf ) but of course .. hoping you can get a little more out of her !!! Just a question on tuning w/ intakes, I noticed you recommend the AF1 and promote it with the Stage I package, but you also did a good write up on the Airaid on your site under intakes. In a recent post, you also referred to the AF1 as the best intake. I went with the Airaid ( bought it from you back in September for my 05), only because the performance numbers were so close and I'm not really a chrome guy. I now have an 06 - 5.4L and am running the same Airaid CAI. With all the dyno testing you have done, with the XCAL2 - 93 perf tune, is there any difference that would be worth the investment on swapping out my Airaid for the AF1 ?

thanks, kevin

Old 04-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Yes, if you are looking for the absolute highest power everywhere, then the 3.25" Air Force One will make a nice difference over the Airaid - though the Airaid is still our #2 choice, of course.

The 3.25" version of the AF1 is going to get you about 8-10 HP more at the peak over what the Airaid will do (the 3.0" version of the AF! is about 3-5 Hp more than the Airaid), and it will also extend the power band about another 500 rpm up, too - so for those looking for maximum power and quickest acceleration times, then yes, the 3.215" AF1 is going to do the best job of any intake kit on ten market - we proved that once again during the first 2 days of our dyno day event - and you are probably already here by now, as it is Sunday, about half-hour before we start the first Sunday vehicle, so I will see you in a few minutes, most likely!

Quick Reply: Airaid or AF1 with XCAL2 93 perf- Mike T. ?