Where did U install the 02 sensor for the LM-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did U install the 02 sensor for the LM-1

I put my truck on a lift to get an idea where to install the bung for the o2 sensor for my Innovate LM-1. Does it have to go in front of the cats and resignators???? or can it go after? If it goes in front, it will only be on one bank of the exhaust. I know some are installing 2 sensors and then a switch to monitor both. Is one enough? The best place I seen ,if it has to go in front, is on the driver side just as it comes out of the manifold. There is already a sensor there but enough room to put another...maybe. Anyone have any pictures or can in detail tell me where to put this thing?

Thanks,

Old 04-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Install it *before* the exhaust reaches cats for the most accurate readings under all conditions.

You *could* do it after the cats, but then you'd also have to keep in mind that cats store oxygen during "normal" operation, and shed that extra oxygen when you nail the throttle, resulting in a "false" lean reading for the first second or two when you first punch the throttle - so most people install them ahead of the cats.

Good luck!

Old 04-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mike

I installed it just before the first cat as it comes out of the manifold on the driver's side. Should hook everything up tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Where did U install the 02 sensor for the LM-1