Received my edge tuner - WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received my edge tuner - WOW!!!

Well I do not have anything else to compare to other than stock. My mods are MIT Tube, K&N filter, and magnaflow cat-back exhaust.. Most recent mod was the Edge evolution. I received my tuner on Tuesday and did not waste any time putting it in. First tried level 1 and noticed an immediate difference just with the shift points. Then I went to level 2 with 87 octane and I was just blown away with the performance. I have not tried level three yet and am not sure if I will because of gas prices, but all I can say as that this was the best money I have spent on my truck yet.. Well worth it and no regrets here at all. For what I was looking for at this time this programmer was the best decision for me. This tuner gave me that seat of the pants difference that I was looking for and as it has been said before on here.. really woke this truck up. So far my recent kills have been another F150 5.4 with only exhaust, a what seemed to be stock 5.6 titan, and a new toyota tundra.. Walked away from each with no problems at all. And this is all with the settings that came with the edge no custom programming yet. I am still waiting for a Hemi to see the new results..

Anyone who is on the fence on wether or not to get this tuner just come on over the difference is well worth it. Not trying to take anything away from any other tuners but this is the one I chose for my needs and I love it.

Last edited by XLT23; 04-20-2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Where did you get it?

Old 04-20-2006, 07:22 PM
So did edge fix all the problems I've been reading about?

Old 04-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Thumbs up Edge

I put in the Edge in my F150 and I agree....this thing is awesome. Running level 2 and averaging 17.5 mpg on my commute.....not bad since prior to the install of the exterminator I was getting 14.2 mpg. Helps out alot when gas is going up and over $3.00 per gal......buy an Edge Exterminator you will love it.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by XLT23
Anyone who is on the fence on wether or not to get this tuner just come on over the difference is well worth it. Not trying to take anything away from any other tuners but this is the one I chose for my needs and I love it.
Nice post XLT. I went the other route but have the same response as you! Isn't it great that there are products like this to get our trucks to act the way that they should've from the assembly plant?

Congrats on your purchase

Old 04-24-2006, 03:02 AM
(webmaster note: this post made from a previously banned vendor using an alter-ego account has been removed for violation of our terms of service)

Last edited by webmaster; 05-03-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Edge makes a great product, love mine and it made a huge difference on lvl 2 cant wait to try lvl 3. These F150 need a programer, so which ever you pick will make a big difference.

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 AM
I picked mine up from discountpowerparts.com I can not say enough about how good they were.. They were very responsive to my questions, they gave fast shipping and great customer service. I was very pleased with them and they seem to have plenty in stock. I ordered mine late on a Thursday afternoon, and received it the following Tuesday. Literally took me 15 minutes to read and set up on level one for first try.. Took it for a ride and saw a great improvement.. went home and 5 minutes later I was back on the road playing with my new settings on level two. Very pleased and can't wait to try level 3 eventually. The only other thing I can say is that I was actually expecting my gas milage to go down due to my new driving habbits, but the milage has actually gone up noticably in spite of my heavy foot.

Good luck to all and all though I am not on a lot, I will be happy to answer any questions about my experiences that you may have next time I am around

Jason

Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
XLT, you did not have to do any updates, you just loaded it out of the box? Just curious, as it seems most of the guys have downloaded updates and many seemed to start having some problems.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I loaded mine right out of the box and had no problems at all. I asked my sale rep at discountpowerparts and he reccomended using it right out of the box first. So I got the unit read the instructions, pluged it in and started playing with it. No problems at all. There is only one thing that is making me want to do an update. There is an issue with the AMPG reading. I have read on here others had this problem before and it is supposed to be fixed with the latest update. I just spoke with one of the techs at edge and he said that this is in fact fixed with the latest update and told me that he has not had any problems with the newest update. I figure tonight I may update and see how it works. I will let everyone know if I have any problems.

Last edited by XLT23; 04-25-2006 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by XLT23
I loaded mine right out of the box and had no problems at all. I asked my sale rep at discountpowerparts and he reccomended using it right out of the box first. So I got the unit read the instructions, pluged it in and started playing with it. No problems at all. There is only one thing that is making me want to do an update. There is an issue with the AMPG reading. I have read on here others had this problem before and it is supposed to be fixed with the latest update. I just spoke with one of the techs at edge and he said that this is in fact fixed with the latest update and told me that he has not had any problems with the newest update. I figure tonight I may update and see how it works. I will let everyone know if I have any problems.
Update it, when you get the Edge it has the the tune date printed on the box. After a few days with the tune in the truck my tune got better. I guess the computer was learning my driving habits. I never beleived that until I witness it first hand.

Quick Reply: Received my edge tuner - WOW!!!