What to DO???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to DO???

heres where i sit guys... i have a 02. f150 355gears 4x4, extcab. 285/70/r17 cooper STT on... the body of this pickup has 90k on it. the motor has 35k. i plan on driving it till the body has around 150k-160k.. was thinking about putting a programmer in and maybe pipes and air intake? what you think? to do or not? also the way it is, what are my chances at taking down a 05chev 1500HD 5.3 4door 4x4 stock other than staight pipes i think it has?

well lets hear your thoughts?

i really have to get back on the boat with this programming stuff, so much new stuff.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
no one sitting in the same boat as me? i hope to be looking at programmers today to get some prices, let me know what you guys think

Old 04-24-2006, 03:03 PM
well i've got about $600-$700 bucks i could put into my pickup? what way should i go?

Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Best bang for the buck Horsepower wise will be a programmer. I recommend a Superchips or XCal2 from Troyer Performance. Some will recommend an Edge tuner. Either way you go won't be a bad idea.

I have an XCal2 on my 05 Screw and it has made a world of difference.

Also, taking the 05 Chevy with pipes. Intake and exhaust will not help you on a straight up drag race. Intake and exhaust with a programmer is a different story. But if you wanna just straight up beat him get the programmer and you can do the exhaust and intake later. Intake and exhaust help but bang for buck go with programmer.

By the way what motor do you have is it the 4.6 or the 5.4?

With $600-$700 bucks you can get a programmer and intake. I'm not sure about exhaust as I had my Magnaflow Dual In Dual Out exhaust put on by a muffler shop. Not sure how much just the muffler would cost. But you should be able to get a Superchips tuner and intake from ebay or one of the supporting vendors from this site.

I personally would recommend getting the Superchips tuner and either a K&N Intake or the Airforce One intake. You may can find the K&N cheaper on Ebay. That is where I got my Superchips tuner and K&N intake for around $500 buck total.

Last edited by tbizzle; 04-24-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I have an 05 screw with the Edge and my wife has an 05 Tahoe 5.3 stock. My wifes truck will destroy my F150.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:38 PM
i have a 5.4. i wish ford put alittle more gitty up in these pickups. i like the pickup just wish it had more HP, just like everyone else.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 PM
well i'm going to go with the AF1 and a programmer to yet be decided? who out there has a 02 with a programmer? should be alot of them... what do all you guys like? also will the programmer get this pickup to shift harder or would i have to get something else for that?

Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The people here generally come to us for their F-series tuning & other performance needs, as we have specialized in modifying these vehicles for more performance for many, many years - we know precisely what does and does not work, what parts actually do the best job, and we provide the best F-series tuning available - because that is what we do, is specialize in F-series performance.

Given your budget, what I suggest is to go with our custom tuning, which gets you a set of 3 different custom tunes in the most advanced hand-held tuner on the market, and the Air Force One intake - each are the very best of their kid, and those two specific modifications are the Top 2 best bang-for-the-buck mods - so that is how to maximize your actual results for what you are able to spend at this time. They will also work fine with other modifications you may do in the future as well.

If you'd like to go over this in more detail, please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below & we'll be happy to go over this with you.

Thanks for your post, & best of luck with your truck!