might be a little to soon but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
might be a little to soon but...

When's the next TROYER DYNO DAY!!!

i really would like to go down and have mike do any changes to my truck while on his dyno, and i'm done with school in 2 weeks! summer job will start and i have a dave concert to attend in June, so any time at the end of july or middle of august would work just great for me In all seriousness though, i am interested if there will be another day this summer and if any plans have been thought of yet. Sounds like a great time plus its like a complete check up on the truck!

one question, my truck will soon have 100,000+ miles on it, would putting it on a dyno be stressful for it?

thanks for your time everybody!

John

Old 04-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Delta17
When's the next TROYER DYNO DAY!!!

i really would like to go down and have mike do any changes to my truck while on his dyno, and i'm done with school in 2 weeks! summer job will start and i have a dave concert to attend in June, so any time at the end of july or middle of august would work just great for me In all seriousness though, i am interested if there will be another day this summer and if any plans have been thought of yet. Sounds like a great time plus its like a complete check up on the truck!

one question, my truck will soon have 100,000+ miles on it, would putting it on a dyno be stressful for it?

thanks for your time everybody!

John
100,000 miles isn't the question, the question is how was it driven and maintained in those 100,000 miles..... that tells what condition the engine is in......

Old 04-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exactly - it may be 100K miles, but how well is it *maintained*? - that is really what makes the difference. Consider that 200K miles is a "normal" service life, and that generally speaking, there should be no issues with doing performance mods, including even a supercharger, to a vehicle with 100K miles on it, if it's well-maintained.

And as to when we'll do another dyno event, you should have made the event we just did, as it's going to be a while before we do another one.

We are not ready to announce or schedule another Dyno event, as we just had a 3-day marathon event - so it's going to be a little while. Right now it's far more important for us to get all the tuning orders taken care of, our new Master Roush Distributor agreement publicized, & all the other things that actually generate revenue for us to keep Troyer Performance alive!

See, any time we are doing a dyno day, we are actually losing a significant amount of money the whole time, as it takes a good sized staff to handle these events properly - which means they can't be doing what they normally do. So Dyno events are strictly special scheduled events that we do once in a while as a treat to F-150 Online members specifically - not because they are profitable to do, they aren't - we do them as often as we can really just to get a chance to let the members meet each other, learn a bit about datalogging and what parts really do what, etc, and that is a lot of fun for us - I wish we could to it every weekend!

AS soon as we schedule the next one, we'll give plenty of notice here for everyone to see, don't worry!

Quick Reply: might be a little to soon but...