First Impressions with Troyer Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just switched to 91 octane 76 gas and I *think* the pinging is gone. I have not really got on it much since it costs $3.30 a gal and when I step on it is like flushing a toilet. I will keep the higher grade stuff in it until I data log then probably switch to the 87 octane juice.

Dave

Old 05-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't know if you have Speedway around you but they have a Speedy rewards (point system) going on now.I have been using there gas since they came up with this program.The last 2 fillups, I used my reward points to save 50 cents a gallon on 93 octane.It is not much but here it brought the price down to 255.9 a gallon.Also the barrel price of oil has dropped in the last week and they are not dropping the price at the pump as quick as they raised it.Memorial Day weekend is next week and you know how they stick it to us dry on holiday weekends.I read last week the supply is gaining over demand,let's just drive for necessity in the next week and force the big-oil to drop the prices.This is the only control we have.Deeve I am glad to hear your pinging is gone!I'll get off my Soap-Box now!

Old 05-21-2006, 04:29 PM
"Big oil" doesn't control the prices, nor anybody else for that matter.

Prices are set (per barrel obviously) on the open market. After that, with gov't taxes, the refining process, as well as supply & demand take over from there.

Now I, too, don't like the prices at all where they currenty are but we will never see below $2.30 per gallon again. China and India are buying oil like no other now and just like Economics 101 when demand goes up, so does price.

Now, if we had more supply, prices would be a little more reasonable. However, since the US hasn't built a new refinery for 20 plus years and aren't allowed to drill for oil domestically (new oil fields mind you) thanks to leftist environmentalist as well as a certain party in Congress stalemating ANY reforms that deal with new drilling, we all are gonna keep having to take a bite out of the proverbial $h1t sandwich.

Let's just be thankful we don't pay as much as the Redcoats across the pond.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:51 PM
We can turn a blind eye @ all that is done and except what comes our way.We can do everything in our powers to control our needs and in the end control our costs.It is our choice.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by beowulf
"Big oil" doesn't control the prices, nor anybody else for that matter.

Prices are set (per barrel obviously) on the open market. After that, with gov't taxes, the refining process, as well as supply & demand take over from there.

Now I, too, don't like the prices at all where they currenty are but we will never see below $2.30 per gallon again. China and India are buying oil like no other now and just like Economics 101 when demand goes up, so does price.

Now, if we had more supply, prices would be a little more reasonable. However, since the US hasn't built a new refinery for 20 plus years and aren't allowed to drill for oil domestically (new oil fields mind you) thanks to leftist environmentalist as well as a certain party in Congress stalemating ANY reforms that deal with new drilling, we all are gonna keep having to take a bite out of the proverbial $h1t sandwich.

Let's just be thankful we don't pay as much as the Redcoats across the pond.

While I agree with you that if we had more supply there should be lower prices, big oil does exercise great influence on the price of oil. Who is driving up the prices on the "spot market"? The buyers claim it is their uneasiness over the Iran situation, the lack of flow from Iraq and the buying binge from the Chinese, but who are these "buyers"? I hate to tell you this but it is the oil companies themselves! What they do is they have separate subsidaries exploring, drilling, pumping, shipping, refining and selling the final products. What they do is they buy from themselves! Although it is very difficult to prove collusion, it is happening. There was no spot market in the 70's during the shortage and the prices rose, but when the "shortage" was over, the prices fell. Wait and see what prices will do over the next few months as supply exceeds demand. The prices will not fall that much -- just enough to keep your average person from wanting to lynch the oil company execs.

Just my .02

Dano

Old 05-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello rooster2005,

You know, it's funny - I went back and checked your records with us here, and what you are saying here is quite different from the notes we have from you when you called here on March 10th & March 13th.

For example, you called us on March 10th saying you had some detonation on Program 3 using Shell. You were to try Program #2 and get us some data.
Just 3 days later, on March 13th, you called us to say that you had ZERO detonation on Program 1, the 87 Performance tune, and that you had only a "quick ping and then it goes away" when you first got into the throttle on Program 2, using Citgo fuel - which is fine. It also shows that once again on March 13th we discussed with you getting us the data and you were going to do that, but you still never have.

See, we keep very precise notes whenever anyone calls us about these things, and what our records show, clearly recorded by 2 different people, what you have communicated here to Anita on March 10th and to Crystal on March 13th - we have not heard from you since, and you have still have never provided us with any data on the tunes that, according to what you told us on March 13th, there were no problems with.

I have also just finished checking what is contained in your tunes, and there is nothing there that should, or that has ever in the past caused any problems on any other vehicles in your area, just to give you some background info, for whatever that might be worth to you - and we have tuned numerous trucks the same way right there in your same area, as well as tuning hundreds of other trucks all across Florida, from Jacksonville to the Keys, and all up into the panhandle. I guess what I'm trying to say in this particular paragraph is that we do not see any pattern of fuel quality deficit in all fuels in your area.

So I do not understand your posts, as they just do not agree with our prior communications - nor have we ever gotten any data from you on the tunes you are not having any problem with, according to what you have communicated to us previously.

What I would suggest is that you call us to go over what you have previously told us versus what you are now claiming here, and that you provide us with the data that you told us you were going to do back in March, so that we can see what is actually going on. We we will be more than happy to make any changes that are actually required using good quality fuel - like the Citgo that you previously reported no problems with on Program 1, for example.

Last - I have also just tried to call you so that we could discuss this, and your cell phone's voice mail is not operating properly, it will not take a voice mail. So I'm happy to help you, but in order to do so I suggest you give us a call.

I wish you well,

Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was driving to Lake Havasu Friday night, and when I punched it (on 91 Max Tune) the sc wound up and I started to hear a little flutter. I had gassed up with Chevron, as no 76 station close by. I stayed out of the throttle the rest of the trip. When I got to Lake Havasu, I decided to overcompensate...I put in 8 gallons of '76 101 octane AV gas that you can buy at the pump at the local station there. It is used for all the hot boats. Not bad at $3.85 per. I spend $3.59 in Cal for 91. Needless to say, the flutter disappeared, and the butt dyno said "oooh yeah!"

Moral of the story, carry your Xcal with you so you can switch to "bad gas" tune when you need to. You can't always find AV gas on the road.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I just got a chance to use my 91 perf yesterday when we went to Stockton. Gosh! even my wife and kids was amazed about the speed gain of my Truck when I over take a quite long trailer truck. It pulls great!!!!! running from speed of 40mph to 80mph on that truck span.

Quick Reply: First Impressions with Troyer Tune