Someone make me a believer on the Edge for 04 F150 4.6L

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone make me a believer on the Edge for 04 F150 4.6L

Well I have been reading alot of posts on the Edge tuner. Alot of people were amazed by the performance aspect of it. I am just a little concerned with something going wrong with my truck as a result of introducing this item. I would only install this for the MPG increase because with my 4.6L I am getting a little over 12 mpg with 75% city with keeping RPM's below 2500, which to me is conservative.... PLus my truck is very sluggish at take off..

Basically all I do is download Edge programs and install them on my truck.. There is no need to tweak the programs once I download them correct? Drivetrain wise I have everything stock.. I have a Volant intake that I havent had a chance to install..

I am not to mechanic savvy so is the Edge really user firendly to even noobies...

if someone could please sell me on this item I would really appreciate it.

Matt

Old 05-09-2006, 01:12 AM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not sure but I think you might need a tune to run that CAI. I thought the 04's have a tendency to run lean from the factory. Perhaps someone else can chime in. Personally I run a Microtuner.

Old 05-09-2006, 02:32 AM
SnowmaNick
I picked up about 1.5 MPG on my 5.4L doing almost all slow city driving (live in L.A., traffic central) You can just use the stock tunes from the factory, it is really simple to use. Their are plenty of useful posts on this site regarding the Edge programmer. Finally you don't have to be a gear head to use this, but if you do not know what you are doing stay out of the custom options. Best of luck to you.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:54 AM
SO I can still download programs from edge and install and it would be fine right? There is no customizing programs unless you want too...

Old 05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by yankeesfan81
SO I can still download programs from edge and install and it would be fine right? There is no customizing programs unless you want too...

Correct. Plug and play. The only thing I did to mine is adjust for the axle ratio and tire size, but it was great before I bothered to do that.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:03 AM
where on the Edge site would I download updates.. I checked on their site under update form and I dont see anything for the Evolution 4.6/5.4. Do they only show them when there is an update..

Old 05-09-2006, 11:38 AM
http://edgeproducts.com/
Bottom left

This updates the Lightning software, then once you have that, the Lightning software actually updates the programmer

Old 05-09-2006, 11:40 AM
SnowmaNick
where on the Edge site would I download updates.. I checked on their site under update form and I dont see anything for the Evolution 4.6/5.4. Do they only show them when there is an update..
The Edge Evolution comes with its own software suite "Lightning". Once you have an Edge, you connect it to your computer via an included USB cable and run thier software. They communicate and if you need any updates they will download and you are good to go.

Thanks Colobulldo, I forgot to mention, you will want to adjust for your tire size and gear ratio. So, 2 steps, not to bad IMHO.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
alright well I just ordered mine this morning so we will see how it works.. THanks for the help..

Old 05-09-2006, 12:12 PM
alright well I just ordered mine this morning so we will see how it works.. THanks for the help..
You wont be sorry, its a great mod.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:56 AM
I just got mine today...updated it and put it on Tune #2...WOW!

I was VERY skepitcal at first, but really glad I got it. Acceleration from a stop is a night and day difference. No lag or anything.

I must say, when people said they could screetch their tires, I was thinking...no way...well, I too am proof that this is true. They are the stocks of course, but it did screetch from a stop. I wonder if it will do it with my 20's on tomorrow.

Great mod...definately a must!!!

Old 05-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Old 05-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Well I have been reading alot of posts on the Edge tuner. Alot of people were amazed by the performance aspect of it. I am just a little concerned with something going wrong with my truck as a result of introducing this item. I would only install this for the MPG increase because with my 4.6L I am getting a little over 12 mpg with 75% city with keeping RPM's below 2500, which to me is conservative.... PLus my truck is very sluggish at take off..

Basically all I do is download Edge programs and install them on my truck.. There is no need to tweak the programs once I download them correct? Drivetrain wise I have everything stock.. I have a Volant intake that I havent had a chance to install..

I am not to mechanic savvy so is the Edge really user firendly to even noobies...

if someone could please sell me on this item I would really appreciate it.

Matt
If you do 75% city I would seriously think about gears, the Edge will help and its a great mod but you are working your engine with the 3.55.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Edge for 2005 5.4 F150

I just ordered mine after all the research, the deal closer was all the info from this site, this website rocks! I have already installed the K&N Cold Air intake and maybe a Gibson Cat-back system. I would like to know how Yankeesfan81 edge story ended up. I am now researching about fans, any comments?

Old 05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
How did your edge story turn out, are you satisfied and what kind of results did you get?

Quick Reply: Someone make me a believer on the Edge for 04 F150 4.6L