Hypertech Power Programmer III & The Jet

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanna add some power to my truck so ive been searching and searching and searching and the two fairly cheap ways i see are the Jet Performance Chips Power Control Module (PCM) and Hypertech Power Programmer III. Can i used both of these at the same time and set it for max or just one at a time

Old 05-15-2006, 03:01 PM
SnowmaNick
No, you can't stack one on top of the other. They are designed to send codes to your engine regarding, spark, shift points, air/fuel mixtures, etc. Not only would they not add any additional performance by stacking them, you might damage your truck.

For the price of the 2 you mentioned you might want to look at Troyer Performance for a custom tune and possably an intake. Best bang for the buck. Also, Edge Performance is currently starting up testing on your generation of trucks and they too make a great tuner if you decide to wait.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi vakar,

That was an excellent response to your post that ShowmaNick posted - the info is dead on the money, you cannot "stack" two products like that in these vehicles, you can only use one at a time.

And the suggestion that, for less than the price of both of those units, going for the best tuning by getting our Troyer Performance custom tuning AND an intake kit, will by far get you the best bang for the buck - in fact, those are the top 2 best bang for the buck mods, our custom tuning and intake kit combo deal - and by doing both of them at the same time you get our combo pricing for F-150 Online members. That setup will cost less than getting both of those tuning products and get you a much better result.

I hope that brief info helps, & please feel free to give us a call if you would like to go over any of this in more detail, we'll be happy to help.

In the meantime, god luck with your truck & best of luck whatever you decide!

Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im gunna go with troyer and get the combo with superchip and air intake. edge performance doesnt have anything for my truck that i can find

thanks though

Quick Reply: Hypertech Power Programmer III & The Jet