Finally!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally!!!!!!!!

Just finished loading my XCAL2 Performance Tune from Mike T. W!O!W!

I've had the tuner for a couple months now but had some family medical issues with my mom, which required me to travel often. Anyway, finally got the truck in for it's 30k service on Thursday. Friday was spent changing out
O2 sensors and then replacing the plugs (Denso Iridiums) and 24# fuel injectors as recommend by Mike T.

Saturday I installed the Plasma Booster by tying into the wiring harness' top and bottom brick based on an original post by "zbornac". After verifying the color code for the wires in a 2001 Screw 5.4, I tapped each and called it quits until today.

Downloaded tunes, which was a snap, but noticed that the truck was idling rough. Checked the lights on the PB and noticed one was not lit. It was the the #4 cylinder. Checked the connection to the wire at the harness and it was good. Grabbed a flashlight and looked at the #4 COP and dam, the plug was not fully clipped on to the COP. Snapped it on, fired it up, smooth as silk. Took a quick drive around the neighborhood and no codes. Except for a new engine burn in smell all seems well and the truck is very peppy. I'll do a longer test drive Monday.

Thanks Mike T., for all the help. Next step Dyno.

Old 05-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Congrats!

Old 05-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Tray,

Excellent, glad to hear you got everything in and you're up & running!

Have fun, & don't get any speeding tickets!

Quick Reply: Finally!!!!!!!!