Question on factory Computer

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on factory Computer

My question is this:

I have a 2002 Screw 2WD with a 5.4L.
I understand the computer is always "self learning" concerning our driving habits and what-not. But if I always drive my truck conservatively, and never going WOT, Most driving being surface streets, observing the posted speed limits, and mostly light-footing it, will my truck suffer as in being a dog? Like not running like it should, or running like it's grandma's truck?
And If I "drive it like I stole it" will it perform better and have better throttle response?
I'm asking these questions because I don't know. I really would like to find out the answer. Don't flame me for this because the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.
Thanks.
Reloader.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here's a little info about adaptive strategy

Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor

Adaptive strategy can reduce power with conservative driving, but not by a lot - so just drive the vehicle normally. This is why some guys, when they take their daily driver to the drag strip, will disconnect the battery for a few minutes to "clear" out the PCM & adaptive strategy adjustments, as they will sometimes pick up a couple of tenths of ET that way - but the same thing will happen just by making a few full-throttle runs. It comes back as quickly as it goes away, and we're only talking about a few percent power-wise, so it's not a big deal - nothing to worry about.

the "power is going to be there" no matter how you drive the vehicle, but it may be say, 97% instead of 100% if it's driven gently most of the time - that comes right back with a few full-throttle bursts over a couple of drive cycles, so it's really nothing to be concerned about.

Quick Reply: Question on factory Computer