tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuner question

Does anyone know if there are only certain program combos (gear and tire) available with the tuners or can you input what ever you actually have on the truck?

Old 06-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by milo99
Does anyone know if there are only certain program combos (gear and tire) available with the tuners or can you input what ever you actually have on the truck?

With the X-Cal2 you can set it for what you have on the vehicle....(I.E.)
your gear ratio , and then you choose the revolutions per mile for the size and manufacturer of the tire you are running...

Old 06-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi milo99,

Well, there actually are some limits, but they are pretty darned high - for example, in most vehicles we can do 5.13 gears at least, and as for tire size, there's a huge range.

Now if someone had say, 7.14 gears & 50" tires, we'd probably have to correct that with a speedcal instead of the tune, but that's rare beyond the extreme.

So for most purposes, just about any gear ratio & tire size can be corrected for in the tune, within some very wide limits, is how I'd put it.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got it

Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to be sure. I dont really know anyone that I can ask all these questions to. Almost everything I have learned about what I am doing and going to do to my truck has been answered here. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for taking time and helping me out. Im sure I will have a lot more questions to come!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No problem, that's what F-150 Online is for!

Quick Reply: tuner question