Tuning Tool Superchips or the like

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tuning Tool Superchips or the like

Hello Fellow Ford Fans. Well i'm very new to this forum and would like to ask the travel trailer Towing crowd a question. Towing a Zeppelin 303 5100 lbs dry weight. On tuning tools if you get what they say you would possibly get. I have a 2004 ford f150 4x4 with 4.6 liter.Was thinking of buying one (Superchips) but they are abit on the high side price wise. For my liking to just drop the cash on.With out knowing much about them.Hoping that some one else out there may help me out in that reguard. I'm open to all infor that would help greatly thanks Dan The black Ford Man.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want the absolute best towing tune, you need custom tuning via an XCal2

Old 06-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use an Edge Evolution when towing my Dutchmen 26B. The digital gauges it displays help me keep an eye on engine and tranny temps.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Blackford 1,

Welcome to F-150 Online!

In terms of what will actually get you the best results, hands down that would be our custom tuning, as we have specialized in these vehicles longer than anyone else in the business, and actually provide help to come of the chipmakers from time to time due to the amount of R&D we have in this platform.

Towing 5100 lb dry is a good deal of weight for your 4.6 F-150, so it's smart to want to get some help in the power department.

Now while no tuning is going to turn a 2.5 ton truck into a fire-breathing monster of course, our custom tuning is the single best bang-for-the-buck performance enhancement, as nothing else for the same or less cost will improve the performance as much. For example, we typically end up with as much rear wheel horsepower in the 2004 & up 4.6 F-150 as the 5.4 3V F-150 makes stock - the 5.4 3V will still have a bit more torque of course, due to it's much longer stroke, but with our tuning you'll have as much horsepower at the rear wheels as a stock 2004 & up 5.4 3V F-150, generally speaking - we've dyno'd this here many times.

We also do a lot of work specifically on towing-style tunes that have aspects optimized specifically for towing (as opposed to a pure "performance" type of tune), which will help with pulling that load.

We provide a set of 3 different custom tunes, set up for how each individual vehicle owner uses their vehicle, so that you have maximum flexibility.

Please feel free to give us a call at our number listed below, as we offer special discounts to F-150 Online members & we'll be happy to go over all the details with you on this, so you can make your decision from a fully informed position - thanks for your post, & best of luck whatever you decide!

Quick Reply: Tuning Tool Superchips or the like