guys with 35s

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy cow, ok, question, not trying to blow up here or anything, but i know my truck isnt a race car, im just trying to get it faster thats all. why did you order an x2 from mike??? prolly the same reason i will to eventually, im just trying to get a good judge on how much power this will really add.

so, the question still stands. can anybody on this forum turn their 35s over, just mashing the gas at a stop light?? with a tunner of course

Old 07-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Suspended
Im sure this has probally been covered before so don't flame me. Im at work and really don't have the time to do a full on search. Can the Xcal2 be tuned for 37s?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yup.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the XCal2 will be able to be tuned for 37’s. Personally I recommend TP because I’ve been running his custom tunes since 2004 without any problems

Old 07-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Suspended
Does TP or Bama tune for individual mods? Basically, just a CAI and exhaust or are they too small of a change to make a difference. Im just wondering if when I do get my 37s on, and if I do decide to get the Xcal2, will I need to do datalogging for these mods? How much does that cost extra?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For exact prices you will have to call whoever is making your custom tunes up

TP gives a discount to F150.online members so the prices on his web sight are not what you would be quoted; they're lower and he has package deals too

Old 07-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Suspended
Would TP or Bama need to factor in the CAI and exhaust for the tunes?

Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Would TP or Bama need to factor in the CAI and exhaust for the tunes?
I can speak from my experience with the Troyer folks, my exhaust setup didn't matter for the tunes. If you get the AF1 cai w/ 3.25" intake, your tune will be adjusted to give you more fuel, you are not supposed to run this intake setup without a custom tune. Also, Mike's got this whole throttle response thing figured out, throttle response with his tunes is right on. Slight pressure on the pedal responds like 1/2 throttle. Probably would help getting those 37's moving a bit quicker..

Old 07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello ThumperMX113,

Yes, of course we tune for individual modifications - and nobody does a more thorough tune that we do - nobody. Nobody else has anywhere near the sheer amount of R&D in these vehicles as we do either, in terms of tuning or in any other area of modifying them for more performance, as we have specialized in these trucks for 15 years. Numerous major chipmakers, air intake manufacturers, exhaust manufactures and many other manufacturers call us in for help in developing their products for these vehicles due to our expertise - that is what our specialization gets you, the best possible results that are safe & sustainable.

Any intake kit (aside from the 3.0" AF1) that actually adds power everywhere *does* affect the tune in the 2004 & newer F-150, and to some extent, in ALL vehicles - some vastly so. We strongly recommend going with the 3.25" Air Force One due to it's superior power & performance gains, lower inlet air temperatures, and the tuning changes needed for it have been very thoroughly R&D'd, so it's the hot tip for a CAI on the F-150 (and many other vehicles). We also have fixes for some of the other intake kits, but none of them make the combination of peak HP on top and part-throttle torque that the 3.25" AF1 does, which is why most people go that route. Those who have been here to our public dyno days have seen the difference, and many switch to the AF1 on the spot as a result.

Changing the cat-back exhaust will not require tuning changes.

For others questions - the power gains depend on what kind of tunes we are doing, what octane level the truck is being run on, and just how much power the vehicle made stock - the strong the truck was stock, the more power it will make - the higher the octane, the more power it will make - and so on. However, even our performance tuning for 87 octane gains significantly power. Nor only that, but it's silly to get hung up on one peak HP number, as that really just doesn't mean that much - what matters is the highest overall average of power *everywhere*, at any throttle position or rpm, especially in these ETC trucks that have poor throttle response from the factory - something that we can easily correct and make feel far better.

For more details, costs, etc., you will need to call us at our number listed below, we do not discuss that here on the boards, & thanks in advance for your understanding on that. I would also suggest asking us about our AF1 intake & custom tuning combo deal we have going on right now, as it's very advantageous

Quick Reply: guys with 35s