i bought a used diablosport chip good move?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bought a used diablosport chip good move?

i have a 2000 lightning with intake and exhaust and the ftvb i love power it had but lately ive been wanting more so i saw this chip on ebay and put a bid on it, and won so my question is was this a smart thing to do? should i send it in and get it reflashed or just leave it the way it is and install it, i looked on the diablosport website but couldnt find any information on it.

i was told that it should be completely plug and play as soon as i figure out how to install it

diablosport chip

thanks

chris

Old 11-21-2006, 11:15 AM
those go in your computer. you should see yours behind the glove box under the dash. do you even know what the chip was originally programmed for? if not then you could truly mess some stuff up. unless you know it was done for a lightning then id get it reflashed.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
umm i knew it was a chip for my computer, i just didnt know where the computer was located at as far as i know it has a street tune for a intake and exahuast truck, either way when i get it im goign to call diablo and see what they have to say

Old 11-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by twizzler93tt
umm i knew it was a chip for my computer, i just didnt know where the computer was located at as far as i know it has a street tune for a intake and exahuast truck, either way when i get it im goign to call diablo and see what they have to say

Hi.

You have it backwards. Call first before you connect it.

The tune may be entirely inappropriate for your truck/ PCM code revision / mods, etc.

I would not risk my truck on an unknowm quantity like this.

Lightnings deserve vehicle-specific true custom tuning anyway...

Old 11-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightnings are PCM specific, meaning that they all have different PCM,s with different codes just as all F-150's do. First you have to be certain that the chip is for a PCM with your code, then you have to be certain that the chip is tuned for only the modifications you have on your truck. If you attempt to use a chip that had not been burned exactly for your truck and modifications you are going to do some catastrophic damage to it....Remember this, a seller on ebay is going to tell you anything they think you want to hear to sell their product.....I suggest that if you want to get that extra power out of your Lightning that you call a tuner and get something vehicle specific...
I suggest you call Mike Troyer asap.....

Old 11-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Lightnings are PCM specific, meaning that they all have different PCM,s with different codes just as all F-150's do. First you have to be certain that the chip is for a PCM with your code, then you have to be certain that the chip is tuned for only the modifications you have on your truck. If you attempt to use a chip that had not been burned exactly for your truck and modifications you are going to do some catastrophic damage to it....Remember this, a seller on ebay is going to tell you anything they think you want to hear to sell their product.....I suggest that if you want to get that extra power out of your Lightning that you call a tuner and get something vehicle specific...
I suggest you call Mike Troyer asap.....
im going to call a tuner before i do anything but as far as the seller i figured that he/she would tell me what ever i just thought 49$ wasnt a bad price even if i have to get it flashed

Quick Reply: i bought a used diablosport chip good move?