Warranty Effects?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Effects?

Hey Guys

I just picked up a 07 F150 5.4 etc this Monday and have started looking at all that's available for these trucks.

Can anyone tell me if a tuner, programming or chips (not sure which is the right term) will effect my warranty? I've got a 75K extended on this truck and don't want to play games each time I take it in for warranty repairs. Maybe I'll be lucky and not have any of those little visits, but I've owned too many new Fords and others over the years, to expect that....

Thanks

Old 12-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you take it in for warranty, take the tune out. They will never know.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Ok, so we have to play that game then. hmm...

So, what happens when the truck goes in for some repair, and there's a mandatory reflash of the cpu. Will my tunes still work or do I need to have the folks at TP do some "fixes"?

Thanks for the info so far. I'm old school here. Computers in my world are for work and play, not yet adjusted to the concept of performance gains by programming. Neat new (to me) world to play in tho.....

Old 12-16-2006, 09:18 AM
You would have to talk to Mike about that one... But think of it this way, if your tune causes the problems with why your going into the shop for warranty work, you will be paying out of pocket if they know you have a tune. If you take it out, they will never know, and your repairs will be free. Im positive that anything from the starter to the rear axle would be blamed on your tune. Even though that really isnt the cause, thati s what the dealer would say caused it.

Old 12-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Anytime you take it in for service, return it back to the stock tunes and remove the tuner. This is what I did when I took mine in for service. My warranty runs out in 3 months.

They were none the wiser that I had a tuner....

Old 12-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Can I expect to have warranty issues that are or maybe caused by tuning?

Is there a limit to the number of times one can "restore to factory settings" from a tune? Everything has limits, makes me wonder.

I've emailed Mike to find out if he can tune an 07. Comments from you guys will give me more ideas of what I should be asking when I talk to him.

Ya, I know dealers who would play the, "you've got a custom tuner on that thing, and your warranty is no longer good. You know it did cause that ball joint to fail prematurely due to the increased power from your tuner".... Since I'm moving, I will be starting up a new "relationship" with a local dealer. Let's hope they are one's who will work with me vs against me...

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by svt2205; 12-17-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:09 AM
you can return to stock a million times. You really wont have any issues with a tune, no need to worry...

Trending Topics

Old 12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exactly, there is no limit to the number of times you can go back to stock.

And yes, we can tune the 2007 trucks.

To communicate with us in a timely manner, you will need to give us a call as our email load is extremely heavy, hundreds per day, so especially this time of year, getting a response in email can take a good while - just FYI.

Quick Reply: Warranty Effects?