Edge Installed but have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Installed but have a ?

? for Edge owners. I just installed my Edge Evo on a 2006 FX4 5.4 with only around 4000K miles on the truck, Love the difference can't even get my self to return to stock with my concern.

Went out with Level 2 on when wife decided to go up see her sister about 5 to 10 miles uphill ride and when we got to the top we smelled like burnt clutch or brake coming from the engine, Is this normal ? Is this part of the engine performance adjustment or something. Should i be concerned about this and return to stock programming. I also adjusted the tire size ( i have 35" Tires ) on the edge other than this i haven't done it mods to the level 2 program.

Feedback will be highly appreciated.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
No, not normal at all. I have a hard time believeing that the tune had anything to do with it. Sounds like friction of some kind and just coincidence. Every now and then, I get a little belt slippage when I get the hard shift at WOT, just a slight screech. You may have an emergency brake sticking or something like that.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 AM
I would re-load your stock config and see if the problem continues. It might be something else, but good to see.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
You may have an emergency brake sticking or something like that.
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure i have no sticking brakes or anything cause it only happened when i installed the Edge. Could it be because the truck is pretty new and still adjusting or something.

It only happened after the 5-10 miles of steep climb but on our way down we did not smell anything at all.

Originally Posted by coloFX4
I would re-load your stock config and see if the problem continues. It might be something else, but good to see.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did went down to level 1 ( i believe this is with no performance mods)but decided to go back to level 2 again. But i will try to return to stock and then back to level 2 again, and will see if the same thing happen again on flat ground and then steep climb up the hill.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
The only oder you might possibly get that should be caused by the Edge would possibly be a fuel oder if it caused you to run too rich. I would definitely go back to stock tune and see if it persists.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
my ranger would do somthing like that everyonce in a while it turned out to be my e-brake sticking, but idk maybe check your lift maksure its nothing on there riubbing?

Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know my wife has driven around with the parking brake on before, not in my truck though, thank God.

Trending Topics

Old 12-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrToyMan
I just installed my Edge Evo on a 2006 FX4 5.4 with only around 4000K miles on the truck,
You got 4,000,000 miles on your truck

I know what you ment just couldnt help myself...

Old 12-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by bushtree
You got 4,000,000 miles on your truck

I know what you ment just couldnt help myself...
LOL. can't believe i'm a Banker in profession. Good catch.

Quick Reply: Edge Installed but have a ?