SCT Livewire ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SCT Livewire ?

Hey guys, Anyone have any experience with the SCT Livewire? It looks like what I am looking for with a display pod that monitors the engine and shows est. 0-60 and quarter mile times. It also comes with the x-cal II tune.

Is SCT a company like Troyer?

Here is a link for it if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.sctlivewire.com/LBand/lowmain.php

Old 12-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It hasn't been released yet.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Seems to me that SCT is using a selling ploy that will somehow insure them a feeding freenzie when the release comes.I don't think so.The release is long past overdue,the people are beyond burnt on the promise,and another year has passed infront of our eyes.I never could understand pre release even on a movie.Now pre release performance.Get a handle on your package and present it when it is complete.This is to much like

Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
what do you mean " ain't worth it "

Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking about getting one if I go supercharged. That way I can monitor a/f's and datalog without a dyno. It's probably not a whole lot more than regular gauges.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Talking

im sure when it is released troyer will test it then release it with custom tunes and hopefully a discount for those of us that have his tunes already in the xcal2. ill wait and see what he comes up with on them. i do want the display. i have looked at most additional logging pieces and the good ones are right at $400 anyway.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Has anyone at Troyer heard of a release date on the Livewire?

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I sure would like to have one NOW for the V10.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UCF178
I'm thinking about getting one if I go supercharged. That way I can monitor a/f's and datalog without a dyno. It's probably not a whole lot more than regular gauges.
You will still need to purchase a wide band seperately to see a/f's.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That is exactly right - you *CANNOT* just buy that unit and see your A/F ratios and avoid a dyno - that is dead wrong. The LiveWire does not and will not have the ability to display your A/F ratios unless you also buy a wideband A/F ratio recorder, and will also need to know the math to plug into the LiveWire device as well as the physical connection, just exactly as can be done right now with the XCalibrator 2, in order to actually see the A/F ratios.

Additionally, *nobody* knows a release date - there are even a couple of clowns out on the Internet & in magazines advertising that they have them in stock, but they are lying, end of story. *Nobody* has them yet - in fact, we were the first SCT distributor to see the device, we got a prototype months ago when the president of SCT flew up here to our shop and we put it thru some preliminary and very elementary "testing."

The unit is scheduled for release sometime in the 1st quarter of this year, that is all that can be said at this time with accuracy, no matter what you hear elsewhere - we are actually doing some work with regard to this device, but are not at liberty to say anything more about that publicly at this time.

Rest assured, once it is actually ready for release and has been properly tested for these vehicles, we'll let everyone know, just as we've said many times before.

Right now it's not ready for release, and there has been no testing by SCT for F-series vehicles on this device yet, that has not even started - for example, we have just found that some of the 2007 F-150's 5.4 3V's have yet another different 2048K PCM in them, changed from the 1537K PCM that was already a change for 2007 in the other 2007 5.4 3V & 4.6 V8 F-150's, and that 2 MB PCM is being worked on right now - so there is a ways to go before it is going to be ready for these vehicles.

And yes, as always, we will offer special deals to our F-150 Online members, just as we always do - however, even at that, keep in mind that this is going to be a MUCH more expensive device.

Old 02-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Will we have any trade in value on our XCal2 with Troyer tuning?

If not, I probably won't buy one. But if so, then I probably will buy one.

Quick Reply: SCT Livewire ?