IF you have an edge or want one read this! horror story!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge problem!

Here is what happenend to me last night. I went on the edge web site to see if there were any performance updates. There were so I D/L them to the unit. It took them so I went to the truck to connect it. The truck then accepted the new program. I went to start the truck and it wouldnt start. So I tried to return it back to stock and the screen on the edge just went blank. Now the program is telling me that the edge programmer is corrupt. Going to contact edge when then open up @ 9. Hopefully they can fix it

Old 02-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by 2006harley
Here is what happenend to me last night. I went on the edge web site to see if there were any performance updates. There were so I D/L them to the unit. It took them so I went to the truck to connect it. The truck then accepted the new program. I went to start the truck and it wouldnt start. So I tried to return it back to stock and the screen on the edge just went blank. Now the program is telling me that the edge programmer is corrupt. Going to contact edge when then open up @ 9. Hopefully they can fix it
What Firmware and Calibration file did you download? Did you download a release one or did you download an unstable one?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:35 AM
edge problem!

I d/l the one that was one for my truck on the edge website

Old 02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I d/l the one that was one for my truck on the edge website
You don't update the Evolution directly from Edge's website. You only download the Lightning software which in turn is the actual application which updates not only itself but the Evolution as well when you check for updates. From the Lightning software you select which firmware and which calibration you want to load into your Evolution.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:51 AM
When I look at Edge's website, it still doesn't list '07 as an option for the Ford Triton engine. I contacted Edge before Christmas about the '07's and I was told they haven't done the programming for them yet and probably won't get to it until March or so. Although he did tell me that if I supplied them with the hex code, he may be able to help me. That was my experiance and they answered my email the same day.
So how do all these people have Edge's for '07's if they don't seem to be available yet? Are they being bought for '06's & hoping they'll work?

Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 AM
ok!

Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
You don't update the Evolution directly from Edge's website. You only download the Lightning software which in turn is the actual application which updates not only itself but the Evolution as well when you check for updates. From the Lightning software you select which firmware and which calibration you want to load into your Evolution.

I did that the selected the update that it recomended it went to the unit. Then i went to put it in the truck and thats when it essed up

Old 02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I did that the selected the update that it recomended it went to the unit. Then i went to put it in the truck and thats when it essed up
Are you certain you followed all instructions? For instance, key on before pluggung it in. Just asking, because it really makes a difference.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Yup!

Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Are you certain you followed all instructions? For instance, key on before pluggung it in. Just asking, because it really makes a difference.

Yes...I broke it down step by step..Did want to mess it up..But look where that got me.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Did the selected update for either the Firmware or Calibration have UNSTABLE written next to it?

Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 AM
My problem was the plug was not completely seated in the obd 2 port. I re-seated it and have had no problems

Last edited by Buckeye Rich; 11-04-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Buckeye Rich
Over the past week or so, my Edge has been acting up. It only happens when it is extremely cold out. When I first start my truck up, the Edge powers up, the screen lights up, but there is nothing on the screen. I have to unplug the edge from the truck and then plug it back in.

I have returned my truck back to stock...don't want to be left out in the cold.

see page one, same for me, New Edge came in yesterday

Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Buckeye Rich
Over the past week or so, my Edge has been acting up. It only happens when it is extremely cold out. When I first start my truck up, the Edge powers up, the screen lights up, but there is nothing on the screen. I have to unplug the edge from the truck and then plug it back in.

I have returned my truck back to stock...don't want to be left out in the cold.
It's probably just the LCD screen acting up. This is a known problem with any type of LCD screens. Try leaving your laptop outside overnight and boot it up...it'll have the same problems. When I leave my truck out in the heat (100+) of the day during the summer, my lcd screen is so dark I can't read it. But once the cab come down to a bearable temp...the screen comes back to life.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
If its -30 or below in Alaska the gas station pump screens will go out. But I don't know enought about this product. I've pretty much been swayed to not get one due to this thread.

Evan

Old 02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by evantugby
If its -30 or below in Alaska the gas station pump screens will go out. But I don't know enought about this product. I've pretty much been swayed to not get one due to this thread.

Evan
They are talking about the monitor display. Just unplug it and take in until warmer weather. The tune is still in the PCM and works fine.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
They are talking about the monitor display. Just unplug it and take in until warmer weather. The tune is still in the PCM and works fine.

That's what I'm going to do, but my first edge wouldn't shut off so it had to go. Why does the radio display work when it's butt a@@ cold out?

Quick Reply: IF you have an edge or want one read this! horror story!