IF you have an edge or want one read this! horror story!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beckerjs
That's what I'm going to do, but my first edge wouldn't shut off so it had to go. Why does the radio display work when it's butt a@@ cold out?
It's not an LCD screen. And most of your after market radios will be OLED.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
It's not an LCD screen. And most of your after market radios will be OLED.
Correct.

And if it gets cold enough to affect an OLED display (organic LED), then you & your truck have no business being outside . Fuel will probably be gelled as well.

Hmmm...may have to petition SCT to ensure they use an OLED screen in the LiveWire product.....

EDIT: I just did. Send your concerns to: support@livewire.com

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-06-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by evantugby
If its -30 or below in Alaska the gas station pump screens will go out. But I don't know enought about this product. I've pretty much been swayed to not get one due to this thread.

Evan

UPDATED!!

IT WAS AFTER ALL NOT >>>> I REPEAT<<<<<<<< NOT! edges fault..

so yes im eating my words.... i bow down and praise edge products
get this......

I call edge... they are dumbfounded. stating the obvious " edge dosnt do anything to your car/truck while its running" if there is a problem its going to be either during tuning or right after.. not 50 miles down the road. So we basically made the edge a "stock writer" which is to force the pcm to return to stock. well that didnt work either.. so i decide to tow it in.. well some friends come over to help me take it to the dealership cause for some reason the east coast gets priority over us in the midwest and sence my truck was at home and not in an emergency situation they wernt coming for 2-3 days (unless i pay for the tow myself and then send it to ford....) but thats a whole different thread. So anyways we are trying to move the truck and now we cant get it outta nuetral.. so we decide to look at fuses.. well while down by the fuse box I noticed a wire disconnected (well a group of wires to be technical) and low and behold i plug them in and bam everything is back to normal!! turns out (at least what im thinking) the wire probably wasnt all the way snapped in(and i work for GM building tahoes and suburbans and this happends more then you would like to know!) and my lovly wife with her in style pointy boots must of kicked it all the way out while going down the road. so yep it wasnt edge related at all!! now i gotta call edge and get my programmer back to where it needs to be so i can use it again!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Thanks for posting that. Glad you figured out your problem, also, glad it was not the Edge.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Thanks for posting that. Glad you figured out your problem, also, glad it was not the Edge.
X2!

Old 02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear this.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
edge problem! cont..

Did the selected update for either the Firmware or Calibration have UNSTABLE written next to it?
Well just got back from the dealer...They hooked it up to the their code reader and it didnt even reconize the trucks computer. There going to keep my truck and try and figure ot whats going on. Hopefully its covered under warrinty..

Old 02-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by 2006harley
Well just got back from the dealer...They hooked it up to the their code reader and it didnt even reconize the trucks computer. There going to keep my truck and try and figure ot whats going on. Hopefully its covered under warrinty..

keep us informed... would like to know if they can actually tell if it was a programed. (hope you didnt tell them it was!)

Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
X3

Old 02-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by evantugby
If its -30 or below in Alaska the gas station pump screens will go out. But I don't know enought about this product. I've pretty much been swayed to not get one due to this thread.

Evan

For the record, I have an edge, here in alaska (anchorage for the past 6 months) and had no problems with it, even with our little recent cold snap... I was out in the valley, left overnight (eventugby knows where I mean)... and the truck thermometer said -28, and the edge, although slow to react with the display, did just fine.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Sounds like another one bites the dust due to user error. Sorry to hear about it. Probably won't be covered under warranty (unless you have a cool dealer) but shouldn't be that expensive to reprogram your computer.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 AM
phone call!

Sounds like another one bites the dust due to user error. Sorry to hear about it. Probably won't be covered under warranty (unless you have a cool dealer) but shouldn't be that expensive to reprogram your computer.
Just gota call from Ford..The PCM was erased. They got the truck running now . But they made a call into Ford. The Service Advisor thinks its the kicker amp. I think he is smoking crack. So far its covered by the warranty. Plus they gave me a free rental..Will keep everyone advised

Old 02-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Just gota call from Ford..The PCM was erased. They got the truck running now . But they made a call into Ford. The Service Advisor thinks its the kicker amp. I think he is smoking crack. So far its covered by the warranty. Plus they gave me a free rental..Will keep everyone advised
He's probably just using the kicker amp as a reason to warranty it. Thats awesome he's going to cover by warranty. Sounds like you have a good dealership.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
He's probably just using the kicker amp as a reason to warranty it. Thats awesome he's going to cover by warranty. Sounds like you have a good dealership.
Hi.

I agree.

Don't look a gift horsey in the mouth.

The only way the pcm could have been erased (barring a hard failure in the PCM itself - unlikely and highly coincidental with the activity at the time), was the process of modifying it with a flash device. That in and of itself would be grounds to void the warranty coverage on the problem.

You got lucky.

BTW - if there is a prevalent 'user-error' trend going on here, there might be cause to feed them back to Edge - perhaps they can rewrite the interface to make it more foolproof. Things like " ...are you SURE ... ???" messages, keypress confirmations, and so forth. The X2 has a few of those screens - not a lot of 'user error' reports with those on here ... just a thought.

Take your time & good luck... and don't wear pointy shoes

Cheers
Bubba

Old 02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi.

I agree.

Don't look a gift horsey in the mouth.

The only way the pcm could have been erased (barring a hard failure in the PCM itself - unlikely and highly coincidental with the activity at the time), was the process of modifying it with a flash device. That in and of itself would be grounds to void the warranty coverage on the problem.

You got lucky.

BTW - if there is a prevalent 'user-error' trend going on here, there might be cause to feed them back to Edge - perhaps they can rewrite the interface to make it more foolproof. Things like " ...are you SURE ... ???" messages, keypress confirmations, and so forth. The X2 has a few of those screens - not a lot of 'user error' reports with those on here ... just a thought.

Take your time & good luck... and don't wear pointy shoes

Cheers
Bubba
Those are there on the Edge. People sometimes either don't understand the insturctions, or just don't pay close enough attention. May not always be the problem, but it seems to be a lot of the time.

Quick Reply: IF you have an edge or want one read this! horror story!