IF you have an edge or want one read this! horror story!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sjustice
does anyone know how to reset the edge programmer? i stupidly made the mistake of changing my battery (to a optima) and not setting it back to stock so now it tells me i need to change the first truck back to stock. fyi the programmer has only been on my vehicle.
Changing the battery doesn't cause your truck to lose it's pcm programming. The edge's tune is still in effect. Plug it in and you'll see that it still says level [3] or [2] or [1] in the corner. That's because the evolution itself doesn't do anything to the computer once it's been programmed. It will read your hex code and notice that it is still programmed. So, nothing has changed as far as the edge is concerned! It doesn't know you put a new battery in. If you want to put it back to stock, just go to programming, and press "return to stock". You should really read up on how these work. You don't want to be messing with your truck's programming unless you understand it. Not trying to be rude, but I just don't want you to have problems!

Old 02-10-2007, 11:36 PM
well your right it did say lvl2 in the corner but i wanted to reprogram it so i could customize it (bigger tires). i turned it off and turned it to KOEO and it went to lvl0. so then i tried to set it at lvl2 and i got a "return original car to stock and then reprogram" because it wasnt keyed or didnt read my truck. any pointers?

Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by sjustice
well your right it did say lvl2 in the corner but i wanted to reprogram it so i could customize it (bigger tires). i turned it off and turned it to KOEO and it went to lvl0. so then i tried to set it at lvl2 and i got a "return original car to stock and then reprogram" because it wasnt keyed or didnt read my truck. any pointers?
CALL EDGE MONDAY MORNING! You probably screwed something up trying to reprogram. If you did it correctly you shouldn't have gotten that message. I've changed my tunes directly from level 2 to level 3 and back without ever seeing that message.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey what about my questions?? You guys answered sjustice questions pretty fast but you forgot me.. Oh and by the way its my birtday today so I'm hoping I will get a responce now.

tia
Gerry aka Sabatour

Thanks expy03 for your input, but I need my questions answered by next weekend as I'm heading to Michigan for a business trip 5+ hour trip 1 way in my truck

Old 02-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Question1
When I start the truck there is no display, just red, but the program I installed still works fine, also it would not shut off when I got home so I unplugged it. What do I have to do when I plug it back in?? [ it's been unplugged for 2 days now]
Just plug it back in. It might ask you to turn the key to the on position. Follow the directions it tells you. If it doesn't recognize you are running level2 then you will need to call Edge to have them help you reload your stock tune. If it recognizes level 2 then you are fine. Just if it tries to reprogram yoru truck or askes you to custom tune it...DON'T. Otherwise you'll have a 6,000 pound brick sitting in your driveway.

Originally Posted by question2
question #2 I have a street pilot that I can check my speedo with, when I put in the proper tire size in the program from what the manual said my street pilot says that I'm going 7-10 klicks slower than what my dash speedo is saying. How can I set it right??
Where did you get your tire size? From the Edge manual? They are not 100% accurate due to different manufactures tire size being different. You might buy 35 inch tires but depending on how much air is in them they might be smaller or larger than 35inches. You need to do the rolling method and calculate the actual tire size. Or you can use your GPS to increase or decrease the tire size int he Edge until it is close. Just remember that due to temp changes and air changes, your speedo will not be 100% accurate all the time.

Originally Posted by Question3
is there a way to set the Edge to work in Kilos other than just Miles??
As far as I know...nope.

Happy birthday by the way. Oh and probably the reason nobody answered your questions...are because they either see 6 pages of problems from the original guy (whose problems was solved) or that they just skim this thread and don't see yoru questions amoungst all the other ones....

Old 02-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
Where did you get your tire size? From the Edge manual? They are not 100% accurate due to different manufactures tire size being different. You might buy 35 inch tires but depending on how much air is in them they might be smaller or larger than 35inches. You need to do the rolling method and calculate the actual tire size. Or you can use your GPS to increase or decrease the tire size int he Edge until it is close.
Yes and thank you. So I will drop the tire size 1 size at a time until my dash speedo is close to my gps speedo.

Just plug it back in. It might ask you to turn the key to the on position. Follow the directions it tells you. If it doesn't recognize you are running level2 then you will need to call Edge to have them help you reload your stock tune. If it recognizes level 2 then you are fine. Just if it tries to reprogram yoru truck or askes you to custom tune it...DON'T. Otherwise you'll have a 6,000 pound brick sitting in your driveway.
Thank you on this question for sure, I'll make sure I do this by the letter.. It's hard to move a 6,000 pound brick

Happy birthday by the way. Oh and probably the reason nobody answered your questions...are because they either see 6 pages of problems from the original guy (whose problems was solved) or that they just skim this thread and don't see yoru questions amoungst all the other ones....
thanks again I'll keep that in mind the next time if get passed by on a question.. I'll let you know how things go when I plug it back in.

Last edited by Sabatour; 02-12-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: always for get the singature. is there not a way to keep this box checked all the time?

Quick Reply: IF you have an edge or want one read this! horror story!