Considering Xcal2

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering Xcal2

I'm considering ordering a Xcal2, I've already got the Edge. I just can't make up my mind if I want to take the plundge and who I want to tune it, either Troyer or Jusnes. I'm just not sure. How long will it take from the date I place the order to get to me? I've got the Airaid Jr currently but I'm thinking about going with the updated S&B intake, will these need to be accounted for? So whats everyone's opinions on this and yes I did do a search but there was too much material to read to find my answers! :o

Old 02-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Go with the Xcal2 and sell me your edge!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Suspended
I also need to know, what about the tire/wheel size? The website says it only goes up to a 19" wheel. I guess I just have to enter in a different wheel size as long as it has the same diameter as the current wheel/tire combo?

Old 02-08-2007, 11:29 PM
On the XCAL2, you just enter the Revolutions per mile of your tire.
Best place to find this is on the tire manufacturers website. Find you specific tire and find how many revs per mile.. boom. Enter it in and your set perfect.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thump - this is a no-brainer, really.

Xcal2 from TP,

AF1 3.5", unless someone can demonstrate the S&B produces better results.

I would consider an S&B if Mike Troyer will certify it as being a reasonable alternative.

Yes, it's cheaper & it looks good, but so is the Volant, and we all know how dat thang (doesn't) perform.

Oh - if you can swing it, keep the Edge for the display functionality.

Cheers (Nature's beer fridge - my back deck !)
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-09-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by cskrmetti
Go with the Xcal2 and sell me your edge!

Old 02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
With any custom tuning just be prepared to dyno multiple times. I'm going to need to dyno for my third time as now my A/F ratio is better but still not right and I've lost quite a bit of HP and TRQ.

Duke

Old 02-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
With any custom tuning just be prepared to dyno multiple times. I'm going to need to dyno for my third time as now my A/F ratio is better but still not right and I've lost quite a bit of HP and TRQ.

Duke

Hi Duke.

That's a bit of a generalization, and that's also the potential cost of modding a vehicle with this much variation.

Just be thankful that it's possible to dial it in like this; how many folks are running around with intake mods, etc, using either no tuning device or a canned tuner, that are not seeing their true potential (or worse - running wacky A/F's), and not even knowing it?

My LM-1 has aready paid for itself

Cheers (Nature's beer fridge - my back deck!)
Bubba

Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 AM
The only thing that worries me about custom tunes is 'my' dealer updating my PCM with a new calibration. I've had this problem with one of our F250's, our F350, our Excursion and one of our Rangers. Even though I've specifically asked them NOT to update the PCM, they've done it when the vehicles were in for warranty work. I finally ended up covering the OBD connectors with self destructing security labels and it hasn't been a problem since, but it's also been years since these vehicles have been to the dealer...whew! It was a real pain in the **** to me, especailly for my diesels because I've had to purchase new tunes at a substantial cost everytime they've updated the PCM's calibration. I can see why some people would want a generic tuner like the Edge for this very reason, but I'd find it pretty hard to give up the custom tunes that have worked so well for me in the past.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Suspended
I think I'm just going to keep my Airaid Jr.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi Duke.

That's a bit of a generalization, and that's also the potential cost of modding a vehicle with this much variation.

Just be thankful that it's possible to dial it in like this; how many folks are running around with intake mods, etc, using either no tuning device or a canned tuner, that are not seeing their true potential (or worse - running wacky A/F's), and not even knowing it?

My LM-1 has aready paid for itself

Cheers (Nature's beer fridge - my back deck!)
Bubba
VERY good point!

Duke

Quick Reply: Considering Xcal2