Waiting sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting sucks!!!

I finally pulled the trigger and bought my Edge on Wednesday. If anybodys interested I found the lowest price at mechanics-warehouse.com. They wanted $338.99 w/shipping included. I don't know about their repuatation so I called truckaddons.com and they gave me it for $335 shipping included! I think I got a pretty good deal, does anybody know what the new pricing for the Edge will be in April? I heard it was goin' up so I wanted to buy beforehand.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT COMES IN! Should be here Tuesday...this is gonna be the longest week ever!

Old 02-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by laurar146
I finally pulled the trigger and bought my Edge on Wednesday. If anybodys interested I found the lowest price at mechanics-warehouse.com. They wanted $338.99 w/shipping included. I don't know about their repuatation so I called truckaddons.com and they gave me it for $335 shipping included! I think I got a pretty good deal, does anybody know what the new pricing for the Edge will be in April? I heard it was goin' up so I wanted to buy beforehand.

I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT COMES IN! Should be here Tuesday...this is gonna be the longest week ever!
Hi.

Ahhh yes ... the 'Instant Gratification' Generation .... kids *<sigh>*

Try waiting a month or so for a custom tune - that's true patience, grasshopper

Price in April will be $1,000 due to the looming shortage of the trees that produce the very special silicon that is used in the Edge's electronics - they're being decimated by Global Warming. The X2 however uses a hardier variant, hence their prices will remain unaffected. - CNN

BTW - tell the folks in upstate New York that their 6+ feet of snow is 'cause we're all gettin' warmer ...

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-09-2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Imagine ordering Troyer Xcal tunes, waiting five weeks for them, and then having to wait with your tuner loaded and ready to go, but you can't install the tunes because it is -10 degrees outside! I think it's worse than having a horny supermodel gazing at you behing six inches of plexiglass!

Old 02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Imagine ordering Troyer Xcal tunes, waiting five weeks for them, and then having to wait with your tuner loaded and ready to go, but you can't install the tunes because it is -10 degrees outside! I think it's worse than having a horny supermodel gazing at you behing six inches of plexiglass!
HeHe... not one of those walking skeletons, though - yuck

Your solution: start & run the truck for a while - drive around until it's nice & warmed up Turn it off. Aim a heatlamp or a PAR38 spotlight at the pcm for a bit (don't melt it), with the hood closed. Hook up a charger to the battery. Go ahead & flash.

Cheers
Bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-09-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Question

You can't load a tune when its really cold out? Its freezing here, looking at maybe another 6 inches of snow tomorrow. Can't you just warm up the truck real good and then load the tune? Ya got me worried now...

Old 02-09-2007, 03:21 PM
You can't load a tune when its really cold out? Its freezing here, looking at maybe another 6 inches of snow tomorrow. Can't you just warm up the truck real good and then load the tune? Ya got me worried now...
Hi.

The issues are: low battery voltage, and cold electronics.

The risks are: possibility of a failed/corrputed flash, inop vehicle.

Keep the Xcal/Edge indoors until you plan to use it. Warm up the truck, charge the battery, warm the PCM, and you should be okay - anything above freezing should be fine - don't blame me if you have problems.

I do mine in a warm garage.

Cheers
Bubba

Old 02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
If you put the Xcal2 in the house to get it room temp, and just run your truck till it comes up to normal engine op temp, then you can flash as long as your battery is completely charged. The truck's ECU will get warm from the truck being at normal op temp. You don't need to hit your ECU with a hairdryer or anything wierd like that. Don't forget to remove the fuel pump and fan fuses before you flash. Don't have anything else on while you are doing it, no radio or any other accessory. the only thing (according to the instructions) that's cool to have on is the cab lights that come on when the door is open.

It's all in the Xcal2 instructions. just read them completely. I did mine today and it was 34 degrees, the minimum temp according to the directions without making sure the ECU is warm from normal engine op temp's and taking the Xcal2 inside to get it to room temps.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:45 PM
i bought a edge thursday from mechanics-warehouse.com going to be here tuesday

Old 02-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Imagine ordering the XCal in late October, it shows up mid-December and it's still sitting in the box on February 11th Seriously, that is where mine is. I was out of town when it arrived, out of town again after. I didn't have time to change the plugs, o2 sensors and put in the FTVB anytime until late-January. Those were all things I wanted to get done before loading the tune. Then, the laptop I was going to use for datalogging (POS Toshiba) takes it's annual dump. So there it sits, just like it arrived.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:02 AM
I got it!!!!

My Edge came in yesterday while I was at work. I work 6a-6p today so I woke up at 3:30am today to install it. It was a balmy 28 degrees and I took my truck out and drove it for about 20mins to get everything warmed up. Then I came home and backed into the garage to start the install.

That plastic piece wasn't to hard to pop off, though it does sound like it wants to break. Install was so easy. I chose the custom program for Level 2 so I could check to see if the values were correct for my gear ratio and tire size and I had to change my tire size because the stock value on my PCM was completely wrong and I have stock 18" rims and stock Goodyear tires. So when you get yours make sure you check this.

I didn't unplug any fuses before I loaded the new program, nothing in the installation manual for the Edge advises you to do that. It also didn't say anything about temperature but I thought it only made good sense to have everything warm like was suggested to me and I also made sure to touch some metal on my truck to discharge any static electricity before I plugged it into the port.

I only had time to drive to work after I was done, this is gonna be a long day. So far I love it! Now it shifts at the appropriate times and for the first time I can roast my tires from a complete stop. When I was getting on the interstate I put the pedal to the floor and I thought the back end of the truck was gonna come around on me!!! (dry pavement) I let off the gas. My truck feels like a completely different animal now. I can't wait to try Level 3. So far I couldn't be more happy with it, I believe it was money well spent.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I can't wait to try Level 3. So far I couldn't be more happy with it, I believe it was money well spent.

Don't forget to get 91 Octane! Level 3 no likee 87!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
It take it that you ran yours with 87 octane...I bet that didn't sound pretty.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:28 PM
It take it that you ran yours with 87 octane...I bet that didn't sound pretty.

No I didn't, just reminding you that the level 3 needs the higher octane gas else you will detonate like a big dog.....

Old 02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I got all of you beat to death. Imagine dropping your truck off at the shop, for what is expected to be a minor FIX what the other idiotts messed up. Then you find out that the previous shop ruined the motor . So it is decided to have a motor built for the truck. Well just days before my order goes in, someone puts in a order for 10 stroker motors. Well you can imagine how much longer that took before they even got to work on my motor. To make a long story short, it won't be long before my waiting time will be EIGHT MONTHS . Now you don't feel so bad do ya?

Quick Reply: Waiting sucks!!!