Which One(Edge or Xcal)???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which One(Edge or Xcal)???

Credit card in hand...I've done quite a bit of homework and sorry to say, still can't decide on which tuner to spend the rent on. They both have their attributes. I like the extra options and flexability that Edge has included with theirs but I also like the idea of the Xcal squeezing every bit of available power out of my truck. I like the idea of permanently mounting the cool looking Edge device for asthetic purposes but I also like the idea of having a guy like Troyer customize things for my ride. It's a toss-up!!! HELP sway me one way or the other.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blaster1420
Credit card in hand...I've done quite a bit of homework and sorry to say, still can't decide on which tuner to spend the rent on. They both have their attributes. I like the extra options and flexability that Edge has included with theirs but I also like the idea of the Xcal squeezing every bit of available power out of my truck. I like the idea of permanently mounting the cool looking Edge device for asthetic purposes but I also like the idea of having a guy like Troyer customize things for my ride. It's a toss-up!!! HELP sway me one way or the other.

Looks like you already know the basic pros & cons of each. Just decide what's more important to you - overall versatility (Edge) or maximum performance (Troyer). Being that you've researched them already, there's no need to rely on anyone here to 'sway' you in either direction. You have the facts, now the decision is up to you.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
only a few or no perf mods - edge. more mods-custom....

Old 02-13-2007, 03:26 AM
I was gonna say the same as qadsan, if you have to have it now, get the edge for it's adjustibilty if you only plan on stuff like an intake and exhaust. If you want flat out power, wait a little while and then troyer will have the limewire ready to go with his custom tunes. I went with the edge and have no regrets, you'll be happy either way you go.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Livewire with Troyer Custom Tunes -- the best of both worlds.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Livewire with Troyer Custom Tunes -- the best of both worlds.
Is Troyer working on this now. Any ideas on the pricing? I was hoping for this

Blaster1420,
You are in the same boat as me. I had decided I was going to go with the Edge over the xCal as I like the visible pod with the stats and it was cheaper. In my mind that made it worth more than a few extra poonies though you probably get those few extra poonies across your entire RPM range. Since I just learned the LiveWire is going to get Troyer custom tunes I will wait and see what the price difference is and go from there.

Last edited by MI OFACE; 02-13-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:24 AM
If money isnt an issue go with a true tune like Troyer. I just wanted a passing gear and better power so I went with the Edge and love it. It did everything I wanted to do and a whole lot more. If you want every little bit of power, you answered your own question. You wont be sorry either way.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MI OFACE
Is Troyer working on this now. Any ideas on the pricing? I was hoping for this.
Give them a call... www.troyerperformance.com

Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
troyer,! hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 02:12 AM
I guess that was kind of an unanswerable question round these parts. Everybody who answered helped me as well as confusing me even more. Not to anybodys discredit, it stands to reason, they're both good products but each cater to different personalities and someone reluctantly reminded me of the Livewire. (brilliant) I actually ordered my Edge this morning from discountpowerparts.com but am now considering refusing receipt of it on the count of the Livewires' cool. Is it available through Troyer? And anybody here able to comment on Bama Tunes?

Old 02-14-2007, 02:23 AM
wait for limewire

Old 02-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
LiveWire is not shipping yet, even though a lot of web sites are advertising that it is, it is not, no LiveWire unit has ever been shipped, it is still in the design stages - or I should say, certain aspects are still being worked on, and nobody can say when it will ship. We do NOT want this one rushed, we're in no hurry for it, I'd rather have it right.

Now when LiveWire becomes available, we'll let everyone know.

As for others tunes, simply put, there is nobody else that has anywhere near the amount of R&D that we have into the tuning of the F-series platform, or that gets called by most of the major chipmakers for help with this platform at one time or another - we've specialized in these vehicle's tuning for 15+ years now, and have custom tuned more of them than anyone else by far. That is why so many people come to us, as they know we provide the most thorough tuning & the best performance results on these trucks.

Now if you needed to have a Yugo tuned, I wouldn't be the "go to" guy - but for these trucks, at the risk of sounding like I'm tooting my own horn, we're the ones to come to.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
LiveWire is not shipping yet, even though a lot of web sites are advertising that it is, it is not, no LiveWire unit has ever been shipped, it is still in the design stages - or I should say, certain aspects are still being worked on, and nobody can say when it will ship. We do NOT want this one rushed, we're in no hurry for it, I'd rather have it right.

Now when LiveWire becomes available, we'll let everyone know.

As for others tunes, simply put, there is nobody else that has anywhere near the amount of R&D that we have into the tuning of the F-series platform, or that gets called by most of the major chipmakers for help with this platform at one time or another - we've specialized in these vehicle's tuning for 15+ years now, and have custom tuned more of them than anyone else by far. That is why so many people come to us, as they know we provide the most thorough tuning & the best performance results on these trucks.

Now if you needed to have a Yugo tuned, I wouldn't be the "go to" guy - but for these trucks, at the risk of sounding like I'm tooting my own horn, we're the ones to come to.
but when it comes out i will be getting one from you

Quick Reply: Which One(Edge or Xcal)???