Edge Programmer Trouble HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may seem obvious... but did you try to get a look the the diag port you are plugging into? looking for maybe some contaminate on a pin... or a connector out of place...?

Old 03-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Also checked that possibility, see if a pin was bent or corrision etc.. everything looks good, da wife is gettin frustrated with me as I am gettin so damn Mad at this thing OH well
Thanks to the responses its makin things easier

Old 03-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Well had all I could take, sending unit back, cost me almost $100 in shipping and still have no programmer, really wish I could have had more success, anyone know where else in Canada a fellow could pick one up and they pay for shipping?

Old 03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Exclamation

Did you try the unit you just returned on another truck? I wouldn't rush ordering another one.. just yet. I would wnat to make sure it isn't an issue with that truck/pcm. Though personally, I suspect whoever you ordered from, was sending yuou units others had returned. TOO crazy having 2 bad units.... just my opion though....

Old 03-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Smile

Well, sent back the Edge and now have another on the way(3rd one now), I am reading to many good things about the EVO.
and really want this to work, should have it by the time I get home from work, anyway Correct me if I am wrong, but I plan on just plugging it in to the truck first without doing any updates, and then pray that it will work and not return with a "check-sum failure" or will power down after it tries to intialize, its strange as each unit I tried had there own issues oh well keep fingers crossed for me
By the way thanks for trying to help me out with the problems.
also
What is the best place to set Rev Limiter for 05 ,5.4, 4x4, 3.73
and RPM for best performance shift, another quick one, can you program the point at which the kick-down gear can be activated, as I find this is what Ford lacks, as compared to Chev. Dodge

Old 03-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Boy, I had a Newfie neighbour once so I know where your muleheadness is coming from .

FWIW, after all this hassle you could have a custom tuned Xcal2 in your hands by now and the price would have been a wash... with no headaches.

Oh well....

Shift points - do some searchin', but 1>2 @ 5400, 2>3 @ 5300, 3>4 @ 4700 are good & safe. Limiter: ~5600. Can't help you with the shift schedules - try the default ones that are already in the tunes before messing with changing them. There's more than just 'kickdown' - there's also TC lock/unlock behaviour - that isn't something you can finely adjust in a canned tuner, though.

FYI - For safety, don't get in the habit of nailing it in 4th @ WOT to force a 2-gear kickdown - always defeat OD before you do that. Your tranny will live longer.

Last edited by MGDfan; 03-20-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:53 PM
what truck are we talking about the 05 or the 01 inyour profile

Old 03-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by beckerjs
what truck are we talking about the 05 or the 01 inyour profile
he said" What is the best place to set Rev Limiter for 05 ,5.4, 4x4, 3.73"...

My guess it's the '05.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
he said" What is the best place to set Rev Limiter for 05 ,5.4, 4x4, 3.73"...

My guess it's the '05.
he's had so much trouble I was thinking he didn't know there was a difference in the programers

Old 03-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Smile

Originally from the ROCK, now in Alberta for over a year and many more I think, I have a 2005 FX4 5.4, forgot about editing my profile. sorry
Thanks for the info
I will tell ya one thing if that Damn thing F@#*'s up when I try to install it tonite it'll be gettin flung across da garage
But in reality I will just curse and swear and the wife will say"see I told ya you should have just got your $$$$ back" well I will lose it fer sure dan!
Anyway thanks for the input guys will let ya all know the outcome

Old 03-20-2007, 02:24 PM
love mine
don't do anything custom till you get it up and running

Old 03-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Talking

Well it worked, thats a relief, anyway the only change I had to make was to tire circ.
Can really feel a difference I am set in level 2, but I do find that there is like a surging when at WOT not alot but feel it oh so lightly, maybe a little wheel spin as its snowing out and roads are getting a bit slippery.
Will be towing Thursday, going to valemount sledding, so with trailer and 2 sleds plus gear I hope to feel the Evo working to help me along
Thanks fer all da HELP fella's

Old 03-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Talking

Well it worked, thats a relief, anyway the only change I had to make was to tire circ.
Can really feel a difference I am set in level 2, but I do find that there is like a surging when at WOT not alot but feel it oh so lightly, maybe a little wheel spin as its snowing out and roads are getting a bit slippery.
Will be towing Thursday 800Km each way going to valemount sledding, so with trailer and 2 sleds plus gear I hope to feel the Evo working to help me along
Thanks fer all da HELP fella's

Old 03-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Cool From reading other posts...

I think the (from what I have read) that the PCM will go through a 'learning' period... this seems to be a combination of 'drive cycles' and mileage....

I think throttle response, power, and fuel economy may improve as you drive (provided you don't load a new tune)

If I am incorrect, please correct me!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
FYI - For safety, don't get in the habit of nailing it in 4th @ WOT to force a 2-gear kickdown - always defeat OD before you do that. Your tranny will live longer.
Would you please explain this?

Quick Reply: Edge Programmer Trouble HELP