Lets see your Edge custom tunes

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathMetalTruck
I have heard that as well and correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Edge was suppose to correct the speedometer based on the numbers you enter? or does that just mean that entering those numbers makes the edge read out correct and the speedometer is just always gonna be fast?
My truck speedo is 2 mph faster than the Edge and my Edge is 2 mph faster than a GPS.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
My truck speedo is 2 mph faster than the Edge and my Edge is 2 mph faster than a GPS.
Ahhh so i'm not just going crazy then. Cause sometimes my speedo is slightly faster. It's weird too, because I put in for my correct tire size and the edge always bumps up the size I put in by 1MM...I keep entering the right size for 265/70/17 and it keeps increasing it....not that 1MM matters, but I just found that to be weird.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
YOU GUYS WITH SPEEDO PROBLEMS ON YOUR EDGE....Calculate the size YOURSELF...dont use what it says in the book for 265/70R17(or whatever size you have). Make a mark on the pavement...make one revolution with your tires and make another mark. Measure that distance and multiply by 25.3(I think its 25.3)...this will give you a more accurate reading of your tire size and will most likely correct your problems. It also explains this step in the manual. I did this and my Speedo on my edge is dead on with my GPS now.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mgp32
YOU GUYS WITH SPEEDO PROBLEMS ON YOUR EDGE....Calculate the size YOURSELF...dont use what it says in the book for 265/70R17(or whatever size you have). Make a mark on the pavement...make one revolution with your tires and make another mark. Measure that distance and multiply by 25.3(I think its 25.3)...this will give you a more accurate reading of your tire size and will most likely correct your problems. It also explains this step in the manual. I did this and my Speedo on my edge is dead on with my GPS now.
Yeah, I know, just has not been a priority.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Yeah, I know, just has not been a priority.
Ok...just figured I would let you guys know because I know I was getting kind of frustrated at first when it was off.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:08 PM
When i decide to change a custom tune and make adjustments, do i need to return to stock and then start over with level # and then custumize all over or just go back to level # and then choose custom tune and readjust that way. After reading a few things in here its making me wonder because i have done a few different tunes for 87 and 89 octane and never have returned to stock before i changed them and now truck seems to run doggier and doggier than ever.I wish i lived closer to Troyers shop, I would be there soaking up information all the time and not to mention dumping tons of money into my truck.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:40 AM
I have always returned mine to stock and started over when "Tweaking" a custom tune, never had an issue.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Altitude timing

I see some of you are increasing timing for being aat altitude. Does the edge compensate for the change when you drive to sea level for example or do you have to manually rest the timing?

Old 06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MntCruiser
I see some of you are increasing timing for being aat altitude. Does the edge compensate for the change when you drive to sea level for example or do you have to manually rest the timing?

I believe that you will have to reprogram. I'm pretty sure that the Edge won't automatically compensate for you. Actually I sure of it, the Edge programs the PCM and then the PCM takes over from there. I guess it might be possible that the PCM would sense the altitude and compensate, but that I'm not sure about.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:56 PM
So anyone have a good set of Evo values for an 06 4.6L?

Another question, my tire size is 275/55-20 which comes out 2545 mm on a tire calculator. This shows about 2 MPH at 50 too fast on my speedo. Should we account for tire footprint that would make the 2545 smaller values?

Old 06-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by PhqChevys
I believe that you will have to reprogram. I'm pretty sure that the Edge won't automatically compensate for you. Actually I sure of it, the Edge programs the PCM and then the PCM takes over from there. I guess it might be possible that the PCM would sense the altitude and compensate, but that I'm not sure about.
I doubt the MAS compensates for an altitude change (hell it won't compensate for a CAI), and I highly doubt there is a MAP/BARO sensor on our trucks.

Anyway, my Edge settings (until I get my MT tune):

Lvl 2, 87 octane @ 5300 ft in elevation

* 1-2 Shift = 5100
* 2-3 Shift = 5100
* 3-4 Shift = 4700
* Rev Limiter = 5400
* Timing: +1.00
* WOT Fuel = 1.35
* Shift Firmness = default
* Standard Shift = 1-2 +2, 2-3 +5, 3-4 +5

edit: I have a 5.4L

Last edited by curio; 06-27-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Does it matter is the evo is for a 4.6 vs 5.4?
I never saw anything regarding the engine size so I guess it is a coverall setting based on engine data not engine HP/dispalcement.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Yes the EVO is for both the 5.4 and 4.6, it will read your PCM when you hook up and determine what you have. I have had mine for about 2 weeks so far and I have not had any problems so far, very pleased with it!

Old 08-19-2007, 08:38 PM
6 days with my new edge & it really woke the truck back up,no more gear searching and I can pass cars again on the hwy. Currently just a tire size adjustment at level 2.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for this post

Thanks to PhqChevys for the post..
Lets see your Edge custom tunes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been searching the forum for some ideas of a good place to start with the custom tunes for the Edge but haven't found much out there. I know that a tune is proprietary to the truck and that the canned tune will always work, but when it comes to fine tuning you truck by creating a custom tune with the Edge I would like to see what all of you are doing to get those 0-60 times and good gas mileage...

Here's what I've found to smoke the tires on my truck...

Plain Jane K&N drop in filter (AF1 is on order)
93 Octane Fuel
Edge Evo EEF-2400
Level 2 custom tune
+1.52 WOT Fuel
+2.0 timing advance (I've found more low end torque with 2 rather than 3)
speed limiter set at 200mph (I hate speed limiters)
shift firmness 1-2@+12, 2-3@+12, 3-4@+6
I've been averaging about 18.2 MPG with this tune and I'll be trying 89 octane (minus the timing advance) on my next fill up.
I have never put it on a dyno, but judging by the seat of my pants method, it really gets up and goes (and scares my wife)

As for Level 3... I don't get that throw you back in the seat feeling like I do with Level 2. Level 3 is great for long distance driving and passing, but not around town and I've never been able to smoke the tires with it...Or I just haven't found the right tune yet.

So, lets see what custom tunes you came up with!
"""

I used these and brought the power i had lost back from my fabtech lift w/ 35's on my 2006 King Ranch. Worked great.

Thanks,

Jim

Quick Reply: Lets see your Edge custom tunes