Xcal3 Troyer tune installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah having the Edge for as long as you did took some of that "wow" factor away that us guys who went straight from stock to a Troyer tune experienced. I miss that wow factor becuase I just finished my first tank on the 92 performance tune and I must just be spoiled by running the 87 performance tune for as long as I did because I just didn't get that "wow" factor with the switch. I filled up again tonight with 92, would have gone with 87 if I had my Xcal II with me to retune at the station. Could also be that out here in Hawaii I have so few chances ot actually get on the highway and open it up.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Give it some time for what?

Are you claiming the HP will incrase in due time?
Jeez no that is not what im saying. Im saying give it some time for the truck to get used to the new tune. There is a 30% adaptive learning curve built into the programing and im sure it takes time for the truck to adapt.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
Jeez no that is not what im saying. Im saying give it some time for the truck to get used to the new tune. There is a 30% adaptive learning curve built into the programing and im sure it takes time for the truck to adapt.
Okay... fair enough.

But, explain to me what happens when [after] the truck "adapts?"

Old 12-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Okay... fair enough.

But, explain to me what happens when [after] the truck "adapts?"
Well, shifting becomes more consistent, any initial driveability 'quirks' dissipate if they are felt at all, and yes, actually, the power does increase: ==> https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=9

Old 12-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Well, shifting becomes more consistent, any initial driveability 'quirks' dissipate if they are felt at all, and yes, actually, the power does increase: ==> https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...35&postcount=9
Thanks MGDfan. Theres always one doubter.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
Theres always one doubter.
I wasn't doubting... I was just asking/learning.

Whatever....

Old 12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Most people don't understand adaptive learning or just don't believe it. I can tell you from experience, it does work. A long time ago when I downloaded a tune from a SCT tuner that is basically for many different trucks, it took a while for me to tell it was in there. My truck only had K&N intake, Borle SISO exhaust, and Jacobs DIS at the time. After a few hundered miles, I could tell a difference, then got used to it. When I finally sold the tuner, it wasn't long before I realized just how much it had actually helped. A custom tune for your specific vehicle, will yield even better results. I know because I have Troyer's tunes in my supercharged truck right now, and it runs a lot faster than than the dyno numbers say it should.

Quick Reply: Xcal3 Troyer tune installed