Need help with Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Superchips

I just bought a 2005 F150 FX4 with a Superchips 1745 MAX Microtuner. It is set at the 91 octane performance setting. I went today to set it to the 87 octane tune just to see the difference. I hooked it up according to the instructions and it said ...Microtuner VIN is locked, high performance, Not original vehicle/program, Call Superchips use code #E-3A. I bought this truck from a Chevy dealer and they have no info. Can anyone help?

Old 12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like somebody at the dealership loaded the tune on another truck. Call Superchips, I think they can help or go talk to the service manager at the dealership and tell him what has happened.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:21 PM
somebody used it on another vehicle and they didn't return it to stock is what it sounds like

Old 12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I didn't think you could put it on another truck without returning the first one to stock.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
someone who works at the dealership prob loaded a tune on their truck and then threw the programmer back in the truck that you bought.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
So I fly home from work to call Superchips and the are already closed. A guy at work told me if my truck was in for warranty work and not set back to stock first this may happen. Anybody know anything about that?

Old 12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by dirttoo
So I fly home from work to call Superchips and the are already closed. A guy at work told me if my truck was in for warranty work and not set back to stock first this may happen. Anybody know anything about that?

Are you saying you took your truck in for warranty work and didnt return to stock???? Did you ever program the truck or did you assume it was programmed because the chip came with it???? If you took your truck in while it was programmed that was a bad move.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
OK, Today I talked to Superchips tech guy. He basically said my tuner is worthless to me. He also says the tuner is installed in another truck and for me to use it I must return the other truck to stock first. I bought the truck at a Chevy dealer and the Tuner came with it, supposedly installed on the 91 octane setting. OK, If this is installed in another truck, doesn't that guy need the tuner? So all this time I'm thinking I am running around using the tuner, I was just driving a stock truck. Does anyone know different? Can anything be done to use this tuner? Is it worth anything to anyone?

I tried to call my salesman at the Chevy dealer but he was out today...figures.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 AM
I didn't think you could put it on another truck without returning the first one to stock.
Correct.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:18 AM
OK, Today I talked to Superchips tech guy. He basically said my tuner is worthless to me. He also says the tuner is installed in another truck and for me to use it I must return the other truck to stock first. I bought the truck at a Chevy dealer and the Tuner came with it, supposedly installed on the 91 octane setting. OK, If this is installed in another truck, doesn't that guy need the tuner? So all this time I'm thinking I am running around using the tuner, I was just driving a stock truck. Does anyone know different? Can anything be done to use this tuner? Is it worth anything to anyone?

Okay, the part in BOLD is confusing the crap out of me.

How is it set onto the 91 Performance Tune on your truck when it's [also] installed on a Performance Tune on another truck?

WTF?

I didn't think this - installing a Performance Tune on two seperate vehicles at the same time - was feasible on any Superchips Tuner....

Last edited by Grubrunner; 12-12-2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:34 AM

Looks like it's not installed in my truck.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Looks like it's not installed in my truck.
Okay... I'm sorry.

I have a comprehension issue of late.... women and their ****ed up ways tend to do that to a man.

If you have the Superchips 1745 MAX Microtuner, as you say you do, and the tuner's tune is installed into another truck, Superchips should be able to re-programe the tuner.

Contact Mike Schimmack [him only] at Superchips [407-585-7097 OR mschimmack@superchips.com], tell him your story and concerns and I'm sure he'll be able to re-program it for you.

Good luck and please post your results.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Contact Mike Schimmack [him only] at Superchips [407-585-7097 OR mschimmack@superchips.com], tell him your story and concerns and I'm sure he'll be able to re-program it for you.

Good luck and please post your results.
I called the number and just got his machine. I figured It would be easier to explain in an email than explain on the answering machine. I sent him an email and we'll see if I get a reply and I'll let you know what I find out. THANKS

Old 12-21-2007, 05:52 PM
I called the number and just got his machine. I figured It would be easier to explain in an email than explain on the answering machine. I sent him an email and we'll see if I get a reply and I'll let you know what I find out. THANKS

I sent my tuner to Mike Schimmack at Superchips. He already fixed it and It's on it's way back to me. Thanks Grubrunner for the help and Thanks to Mike Schimmack for fixing it for me.

Quick Reply: Need help with Superchips