No Manuals with the XC3 from Troyer??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Manuals with the XC3 from Troyer??

Hey all,

I have been reading the boards here regarding the XCal 3 and it appears that when you get your tuner from Troyer, you do not get a users manual with it. Now I know that I can probably go to SCT site and get it from there, but some folks have stated that it does not tell you how to load the tunes or which tune you are selecting.

My question is? For those of you that have the XC3's from Troyer, was it easy to figure out or what did you do to select the tune you wanted? I'm expecting my Troyer XC3 soon and I'd just like to know how to use this puppy when I get it. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 AM
I got my Xcal3 from Troyer already and i have not got my tunes yet. Like you the no manual thing bugged me, as well as the lack of detail also. But i think that with the Troyer tunes once loaded onto the Xcal3 you just select the tune you want aka perf 87 and load it without having to make changes to it. As he has all the info about your truck already loaded into the tune. Unless you changed something from the original work sheets that you sent him. Like tire size etc.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:33 AM

So? You are saying that you will see a display that says something like: "87 Performance" "Tow" or 93 Performance??? I have mine coming from Troyer with the tunes loaded. I'd just like to know how I'll be able to differentiate between the 3 tunes.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by hivoltagefx4
So? You are saying that you will see a display that says something like: "87 Performance" "Tow" or 93 Performance??? I have mine coming from Troyer with the tunes loaded. I'd just like to know how I'll be able to differentiate between the 3 tunes.
You are like a first time expecting father Relax the tuner will say Troyer custom tune 87 tow tune, 87 performance tune, 93 performance tune.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:38 AM

Yea, can you tell I am impatient!!!!!!!! I was just a bit worried since I started hearing about the XC3's being shipped without any type of documentation. Ok, now with that out of the way, onto the waiting again!

Old 12-26-2007, 02:25 PM
I just put the canned tow tune from SCT in my truck yesterday and it walked me though all the options. And if you want to reallly have some fun turn the traction control off. No traction control=two black tire marks

Old 12-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
You are like a first time expecting father Relax the tuner will say Troyer custom tune 87 tow tune, 87 performance tune, 93 performance tune.
Now you see that. I was just going to tell him to post for you 05supercrew. You are the only other poster out there that i no that has the Xcal3 with Troyer tunes.

Hey hivoltagefx4. When did you send in your work Sheets?

Old 12-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
On X-Mas Eve, Santa (UPS) dropped off my SCT X3 with Troyer Tunes. I ripped the box open (couldn't wait for the next morning), ran out to my truck, and plugged the device in. I usually never read instruction manuals. Not having a manual made no difference to me. No big deal. I just followed the on-screen prompts. Within minutes, my truck was loaded with a custom tune. This does not take a genius. Plenty of guys with mullets, overalls, and no teeth named Bubba have been able to figure this thing out and make it work. IKEA furniture is more complicated.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fifty150
On X-Mas Eve, Santa (UPS) dropped off my SCT X3 with Troyer Tunes. I ripped the box open (couldn't wait for the next morning), ran out to my truck, and plugged the device in. I usually never read instruction manuals. Not having a manual made no difference to me. No big deal. I just followed the on-screen prompts. Within minutes, my truck was loaded with a custom tune. This does not take a genius. Plenty of guys with mullets, overalls, and no teeth named Bubba have been able to figure this thing out and make it work. IKEA furniture is more complicated.
X2
I got my X3 tuner loaded with tunes the friday before Xmas-It comes with a pack of papers that goes over what tunes you have and other misc. but no manual. It gives you enough info on how to do it though
Make sure tuner and truck are warm-all power off-keys out of ignition-plug in tuner and the tuner tells you what to do from there-simple as pie

Originally Posted by dsq3973
I just put the canned tow tune from SCT in my truck yesterday and it walked me though all the options. And if you want to reallly have some fun turn the traction control off. No traction control=two black tire marks
I didnt know we had traction control on these trucks-I have 87 performance loaded at dont matter what i do it wont break loose the tires-all i do is take off like bat outta hell-if i turn this off (i imagine through the tuner) the tires will break loose?

Old 12-26-2007, 07:40 PM
I didnt think that they had traction control either until I saw the option on the menu. I turned it off and romped on it on some dry pavement and got some 15ft tire marks. I could never do more than chirp the tires before.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Irish FX4
Hey hivoltagefx4. When did you send in your work Sheets?

I sent them in on Nov. 20. After talking to Crystal last week, I'm hoping those of us that are waiting for our tunes will have a short wait. She said that Mike is working hard to get through these as quick as he can.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Suspended
Thats nothing new, my Xcal2 really didn't come with a "manual" either. Just a few pieces of paper.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by 2006M50B
X2
I got my X3 tuner loaded with tunes the friday before Xmas-It comes with a pack of papers that goes over what tunes you have and other misc. but no manual. It gives you enough info on how to do it though
Make sure tuner and truck are warm-all power off-keys out of ignition-plug in tuner and the tuner tells you what to do from there-simple as pie

I didnt know we had traction control on these trucks-I have 87 performance loaded at dont matter what i do it wont break loose the tires-all i do is take off like bat outta hell-if i turn this off (i imagine through the tuner) the tires will break loose?
I think traction control only comes with 2 wheel drive.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Irish FX4
Now you see that. I was just going to tell him to post for you 05supercrew. You are the only other poster out there that i no that has the Xcal3 with Troyer tunes.
I havent been on here that much lately, So might not have seen it. The truck has been on hold for a little while. Started doing some work on my house so I can get my Christmas present with in the next 2 weeks.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by hivoltagefx4
I sent them in on Nov. 20. After talking to Crystal last week, I'm hoping those of us that are waiting for our tunes will have a short wait. She said that Mike is working hard to get through these as quick as he can.
Its coming

Quick Reply: No Manuals with the XC3 from Troyer??