Help me decide...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me decide...

Well i called troyer performance yesterday about getting the tuner. Im pretty much sold on it. Now heres the hard part.

- Should i just get the programmer? Or the AF1 and programmer?

-What kind of gains have you recieved?

Im pretty much stock with just a leveling kit and 33 toyo mt's.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by 07LoneStarFX4
Well i called troyer performance yesterday about getting the tuner. Im pretty much sold on it. Now heres the hard part.

- Should i just get the programmer? Or the AF1 and programmer?

-What kind of gains have you recieved?

Im pretty much stock with just a leveling kit and 33 toyo mt's.
Depends on how much extra performance you are looking for
I went with only the programmer at this time and it makes a huge difference

Last edited by 06darkstone; 01-10-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Im a pretty calm driver but i would like to have the power there. Just in case

Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Suspended
If you're questioning it now, than get the intake. Otherwise you're going to be always wondering "what if".

Old 01-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Im a pretty calm driver but i would like to have the power there. Just in case
if that is the case get the tune, intake and exhaust all in one package!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

get both now that way it can be tuned for.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 PM
get both. youll be amazed at the difference. it becomes a whole new animal i just ordered the xcali3 today and i cant wait for it to get here. i rode with my friend the other day that has basically the same truck i do, he has the xcali3 and the AF1. its ridiculous compared to mine...

Last edited by 07SportTCOB; 01-10-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do it all at one shot-I think troyer has a package for it-get tunes, AF1 and exhaust all in one shot, you wont regret it

Old 01-12-2008, 03:28 PM
how tough is it to install the exhaust? do most guys do it themself or take it to a shop and get it done? once they get it from troyer.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
?

Originally Posted by 2006M50B
do it all at one shot-I think troyer has a package for it-get tunes, AF1 and exhaust all in one shot, you wont regret it
you'll get a better deal for the combo now vs buying the intake later-fyi phil

Old 01-12-2008, 04:39 PM
well guys i went ahead and got the 3inch AF1 and x3 . Now i anxiously wait...

Old 01-12-2008, 08:21 PM
well guys i went ahead and got the 3inch AF1 and x3 . Now i anxiously wait...
I can guarantee you won't regret it!!

What tunes did you order?

The AF1 is very easy to install, takes like 2 wrenches and 2 screwdrivers and 45 minutes, depending how many beers.. lol

Troyers tunes absolutely rock. You won't believe how much better the shifts are. And the best way I found to describe how they affect the performance is that the truck drives like it's about 1500 lbs. lighter. Well, accelerates and responds that way, still a 5,800 lb. beast in corners.. LOL..

The tunes truly do make it an entirely different truck to drive though.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 07LoneStar,

Congratulations on your decision to get the intake and the tunes, and get our combo deal!!

For those who may not know, we offer a special combo deal that gets you the Air Force One *and* our Troyer Performance custom tuning at a special price, so most people either take that option, or they'll do our Stage 1 kit and get the best cat-back exhaust money can buy as well, so they are at our Stage 1 level of performance.

You can see many people love the tune & intake combo, and you can always add the exhaust later on and ewe do not need to change your custom tuning.

Another option that we have just added (but have never announced here or listed on our web site, so I'll go ahead and mention it now) is is someone wants to buy an extra Air Force One tube alone, so they can just switch the tube itself in 5 minutes and have either the 3.0" or the 3.5" version any time they want, and have us provide their tunes both with and without the changes for the 3.5" version of the Air Force One - it doesn't cost much more, actually just the cost of the extra tube if it's on the same order as the tune & combo order (or a Stage kit kit order, etc.), and that way you can have the biggest power gains possible by using the 3.5" unit, and you can also have a quick tube change and have the 3.0" version of the AF1 so you can run it on your stock tunes.

I should also mention that is now an option for anyone who already has an AF1 intake & custom tune combo order in with us **but we have not done your custom tunes yet** - you can call us and add the second AF1 tube so you have both sizes, and we'll provide the extra set of tunes so you have tunes for both AF1 intake setups for the 5.4 3V just the cost of the additional tube!!

Also, for anyone who *already* has the AF1 & Troyer tunes setup (meaning we have already done your tunes), if they want to add another tube so they have both sizes for the 5.4 3V, we're doing another special on that, and it's just the cost of the additional tube and a few dollars more for another set of tunes to match for those who we have already done their custom tuning - I've just told our staff about those options, so this is new for them, but they know about it as of right now.

07LoneStar, I do not mean to try to play sales-dude, but just let you know in case it *might* matter to you, since you just placed that order you can make that change if you want to. If you decide you want to do that option, you can just print out this post and tell our staff about it with a quick phone call - again, this is just to let you know in case you may have any interest, that's all. You may well not want to do that, but instead, save up and put that money towards an exhaust in the future, for example, and that's fine - whatever works for you - I really just wanted to drop you a line & congratulate you & thank you for your order - hope I didn't confuse anyone in the process!!

Sorry, don't mean to make things any more confusing, just trying to be flexible for those who want that kind of option, gang!

Quick Reply: Help me decide...