what's the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what's the difference?

i was wondering how much difference that there is in having your tuner programed over just buying it and going with the program that is in the them. also i've read alot about them but can't find anyone that will put a tune them in canada. is there a place that will tune them in canada. also will they hurt the tranny?

Old 03-09-2008, 03:29 PM
esf
Originally Posted by RX1_NS
i was wondering how much difference that there is in having your tuner programed over just buying it and going with the program that is in the them. also i've read alot about them but can't find anyone that will put a tune them in canada. is there a place that will tune them in canada. also will they hurt the tranny?
Night and Day. There's a bunch of threads about this already. Browse the first 2 pages of this section. More than likely, all of your questions will be answered. Also, Troyer Performance or VMP can write tunes for you that will be emailed to you when they're ready.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Suspended
What kind of "tuner" are we talking about?

Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
to me it doesn't matter weither it be the xcal or an edge just wondering if anyone does the tunes for them in canada

Old 03-10-2008, 05:47 PM
From my understanding, ASEMechanic/Bill ( http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/faqs.htm ) is able to do custom tunes over the net for the Edge Evolutions. I think you tell him your setup or something and he writes up a file that you load onto your programmer.

As for canned vs. custom tunes, I believe custom tunes are designed for more heavily modified vehicles, though they're probably still a bit better than the default tunes for lightly modded vehicles.

On one of these f150 forums, (the name of which gets censored when I enter it...) they seem to hate Edge's, but others love them. Mine's been sketchy and I'm currently waiting for a replacement to be sent to me. They should do more good than harm to your tranny by firming it up, but if improperly custom tuned, you can do some serious damage.

Last edited by Dan4.6; 03-10-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Quick Reply: what's the difference?