Edge with CAI????

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Exactly, I was running too lean for comfort with a Edge on Level3 and a S&B intake. I never threw a code but the story was told when I got on the dyno.
Sounds like a driveability issue to me.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
Sounds like a driveability issue to me.
I'm just curious since you love to defend the Edge, even when people aren't bashing it, did you give birth to the Edge programmer? The way you defend it is like a mother defending her baby.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:33 PM

I'm just curious since you love to defend the Edge, even when people aren't bashing it, did you give birth to the Edge programmer? The way you defend it is like a mother defending her baby.
Wow, that's a good one, Mrs. VMP.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Stealth
Wow, that's a good one, Mrs. VMP.
I'm not Mrs. VMP, this is Mrs. VMP ...

PS: I was just pulling your chain.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:48 PM

I'm not Mrs. VMP, this is Mrs. VMP ...

PS: I was just pulling your chain.
So was I. I'm glad we can clown like that.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
so would that be labeled a custom tune do to a driveabilty problem or a custom tune?
Due to our trade-in policy, the condition under which they need custom tuning really doesn't matter, but thank you so much for trying to help us out.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
and why did edge have all these problems in the first place-i can never get an answer why there is so many issues with this tuner-or shall i say driveabilty issues that = $-i say it was released without enough testing first
Generally, there have been few problems with the Evolution when used with stock vehicles. Driveability issues have arisen when customers make modifications to their trucks -- including CAI kits, exhaust modifications, etc. This ground has been covered numerous times, so I'm not sure why you continue to bring it up. A hidden agenda, perhaps? It doesn't really affect us one way or the other. Just curious why someone would be so negative about a product that has worked well for so many people.

And BTW, as I stated above, Bill isn't doing any custom tuning on the Evolution anymore due to Edge's CARB Certification. That's why we have adopted a trade-in policy for customers who already own the Evolution.

Blessings,
Corey
Mrs. Power Hungry Performance

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 04-03-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
That's why we have adopted a trade-in policy for customers who already own the Evolution.
Blessings,
Corey
Mrs. Power Hungry Performance
So what is the trade in policy? I dont see anything on your site for it.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I have had my Edge for a little over a year now & love it. I added the Maganoflow SIDO catback system...no problem. I then added the Roush CAI...some problems. I can't tell, but apparently the truck runs lean according to varios posts on hear & talking with Bill. That's easy enough for Bill to fix though. The biggest problem, which according to Bill is harmless to the engine, is the drone. I get it almost constantly. Bill did up a custom tune for me that unfortunately didn't fix the drone so he is working on another truck with the exact same problem & once he gets that one going he will send me the new tune. I still have my Edge in the truck, but on level 0 so I can still use the guages without getting the drone. As a worst case scenario if Bill can't fix my problem I'll remove the CAI & keep the Edge. I like the Edge a lot more than the CAI. Don't get me wrong, I still have full confidence in Bill & I'm hoping he can get me fixed up soon. Long story short, you will get a drone running an Airaid/Roush intake with the Edge.

Quick Reply: Edge with CAI????