Gryphon and Edge

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MexiGeo
Bill does sound like a good guy and I may have to give him a call. I think whats holding me back is that he's 2500 miles from home here in Alberta and I'm not sure how that long a distance will work if problems arise with the Gryphon.
It wouldn't matter how close or far from him that you are. If there is a problem, he does the fixes by email and talks you through problems over the phone. He emailed my custom tunes, and all worked perfectly.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great input guys. Think I'll pick up the phone and give Bill a call.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by MexiGeo
Bill does sound like a good guy and I may have to give him a call. I think whats holding me back is that he's 2500 miles from home here in Alberta and I'm not sure how that long a distance will work if problems arise with the Gryphon.
Hi there MexiGeo,

Just wanted to let you know that PHP will be closed Thursday, April 3, through Monday (at the very earliest). We are driving to southern Missouri tomorrow for my grandmother's funeral. There is a note already on our website, and leave it to Bill... he posted that we'll be closed as of 3:00PM today, and he's on the phone with a customer as I type this. Guess it's the customer service everyone seems to appreciate.

And BTW, I have a Gryphon™ sitting next to me that we're shipping to Okotoks in Alberta tomorrow! And another thing... I came back to edit my post when I realized we were shipping to Canada tomorrow (actually have another one shipping to BC, too!) and more than twenty minutes after the first post, he's STILL talking to that customer. So much for packing tonight!

Blessings,
Corey
Mrs. Power Hungry Performance

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 04-02-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Sorry for your loss Corey. It's really hard when you lose someone you love.

Remember the good times!

- Jack

Old 04-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
And BTW, I have a Gryphon™ sitting next to me that we're shipping to Okotoks in Alberta tomorrow!

I can't wait!!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
I started this thread on March 31, the day I sent my Edge to Bill as a trade-in for a Gryphon. I set it "ordinary" mail, but insured. On April 3, three days later, I received an email from Corey that my Gryphon is on the way and she included a UPS tracking number. UPS confirms that it is headed my way.

Corey said I should be getting the "custom" tunes I wanted (for my particular) needs by email on Monday. I have no doubt they will be on time.

For those of you that are looking at a wait of weeks (months?) for such a response (from other tuners), this tells you there IS an alternative.

- Jack

Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Good deal, but I'm not at all surprised. Be sure and post back after the install!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by 051fdrof
Good deal, but I'm not at all surprised. Be sure and post back after the install!
YES PLEASE

Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 051fdrof
It'll probably be a while. We're headed out of town for about a week the day the programmer is projected to arrive. Guess I should have asked for air shipping. But, I'm cheap - comes from my Scottish background I suppose.

- Jack

Old 04-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
It'll probably be a while. We're headed out of town for about a week the day the programmer is projected to arrive.

- Jack
Well, I guess you're just gonna have to cancel that trip.
After all what's more important. I'm sure you wife will understand

But Seriously, have a safe trip and we'll wait to hear from ya!

Old 04-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(Snip) Being somewhat older than many of you I suspect, my driving habits are probably a bit different
- Jack
how old do you have to be to loose the pizzazz? I still like to floor it, whenever, just like ever; why not?

Old 04-05-2008, 05:45 PM
It'll probably be a while. We're headed out of town for about a week the day the programmer is projected to arrive. Guess I should have asked for air shipping. But, I'm cheap - comes from my Scottish background I suppose.

- Jack

with the tracking # you can call UPS and have them redirect it to where you will be.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor
I started this thread on March 31, the day I sent my Edge to Bill as a trade-in for a Gryphon. I set it "ordinary" mail, but insured. On April 3, three days later, I received an email from Corey that my Gryphon is on the way and she included a UPS tracking number. UPS confirms that it is headed my way.

Corey said I should be getting the "custom" tunes I wanted (for my particular) needs by email on Monday. I have no doubt they will be on time.

For those of you that are looking at a wait of weeks (months?) for such a response (from other tuners), this tells you there IS an alternative.

- Jack
Jack,

Once again, thank you so much for your support! We really try to do the right thing...

You happen to be one of the lucky ones, since we were replacing your programmer in addition to providing the custom tunes. We have some customers who have patiently been waiting a few weeks for Bill to work on their calibrations. Everyone has been awesome, and we haven't had one complaint. I said in another post that we started to get backed up when Bill got the flu and was out of commission for about a week. We're trying hard to get caught up so all of our customers will walk away with a satisfied smile.

From my experience -- and I may be biased here -- we really do have fantastic customers and friends from the forums. We just wanted to take a minute and thank you all for being so understanding while we Bill gets caught up on the custom calibrations!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks! You guys are great as well!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick
And BTW, I have a Gryphon™ sitting next to me that we're shipping to Okotoks in Alberta tomorrow!
Hey Corey,

I am the lucky recipient of the Gryphon all the way up in Okotoks, Alberta.

Are you able to email a tracking number to me for my shipment? At least that way, I can justify my pacing back at forth at the front door to my wife.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Gryphon and Edge