SCT 5 program, 4 bank performance chip

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT 5 program, 4 bank performance chip

Has anyone used this chip custom tuned from Troyer. It seems more like what I am after with its ability to swap tunes instantly, alot like the banks tuners have done for diesel vehicles for years now - that is unless im reading something on troyers site wrong. I keep hearing people talk about the edge and the xcal 2/3 but i never hear anyone talk about superchips except when referring to a max micro tuner with the canned tunes.. just wondering is this thing not as good as the ones that everyone else goes with? i just stumbled across and I will be calling troyer tomorrow to discuss it with them, but it looks much more affordable than a programmer. What are the drawbacks of using the SCT chip over a programmer?

Old 04-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I have the 6600 series chip from TP. and I prefer it over the x cal for a few reasons. 1 you can change it instantly. 2 you don't need the programmer itself to change tunes. 3 its cheaper. and 4 you get more tunes. The draw backs are that you don't have any user control to adjust for things like tire size manually and such.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:38 AM
is that the same chip I am looking at? it sounds like it. I also dont really have a need for the programmer itself, no tire sizes to change and all that. Can they set the new shift points and all that on the chip with the custom tunes?

Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by south_ms_sprcru
is that the same chip I am looking at? it sounds like it. I also dont really have a need for the programmer itself, no tire sizes to change and all that. Can they set the new shift points and all that on the chip with the custom tunes?
yes its the same chip. Yes that is what he does, instead of writing the tunes on the x cal, he writes them on the chip so anything that he can change in the tune via the x cal he can change with the chip as well

Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6600 Chip

I have that chip also. You have to list the mods you have so that the chip can be programmed for your engine and the particular mods. It is a great chip and I like it. It also has an engine disable feature which is good if someone trys to steal your truck.

Quick Reply: SCT 5 program, 4 bank performance chip